Do you have to book with Carnival for up-sell call?

mass02703

I was just wondering for all of those people that have had a call prior to cruising to buy an upgrade, did you book directly with Carnival? Do they ever call people that booked through an agency. I would love to upgrade to a balcony on our November Glory cruise but the price has not gone down at all. It is my husbands first cruise and I know that he would really enjoy sitting out on the balcony but don't think that it is worth the $800 difference that they want right now for our family of four. I would love a call but did not book directly from Carnival. To make matters worse we only booked with an online cruise agency because we had a relationship with a particular agent that has always been good to us. We called to make final payment the other day and her extension was disconnected. It seems that she no longer works for the company.

I was just wondering for all of those people that have had a call prior to cruising to buy an upgrade, did you book directly with Carnival? Do they ever call people that booked through an agency. I would love to upgrade to a balcony on our November Glory cruise but the price has not gone down at all. It is my husbands first cruise and I know that he would really enjoy sitting out on the balcony but don't think that it is worth the $800 difference that they want right now for our family of four. I would love a call but did not book directly from Carnival. To make matters worse we only booked with an online cruise agency because we had a relationship with a particular agent that has always been good to us. We called to make final payment the other day and her extension was disconnected. It seems that she no longer works for the company.

There were several recent posts where the Poster was booked via TA who WAS called.

My personal suspicion is that the "Upsell Dept" doesn't have time to wait for TA to call client and client to call TA, etc., and most likely the bulk of upsell calls go direct to those who book via Carnivsal - but just my opinion!

ken

ken

I'm still a bit confused why if someone wants to upgrade they wait for the call from Carnival. I know before they would offer good deals but it doesn't seem that way now. If you want to upgrade why not just book a different catagory?

I'm still a bit confused why if someone wants to upgrade they wait for the call from Carnival. I know before they would offer good deals but it doesn't seem that way now. If you want to upgrade why not just book a different catagory?

They are looking for a deal.

Archived