Taxi fare- Boudicca 19th. Oct.

Popsey Wopsey

It's about 15 minutes from Lime Street to the terminal so the fare should be in the region of £7-8, but could be £10 if he has to go around into the New Seaforth Dock to the berth. I usually pay £10-11 out to Crosby which is just beyond the Dock by another 5 miles or so. It shouldn't be more than that, but a lot depends on the cost of petrol at the time I guess.

Does anyone know the taxi fare from Liverpool Lime St., to Langton dock and anyone else on this cruise.:)

Hi Popsy Wopsey,

Are you off again? You've only just come back from the Braemar:D

Mind you,I can talk, I'm away again in September and just looking for round Britain next year!!

It's about 15 minutes from Lime Street to the terminal so the fare should be in the region of £7-8, but could be £10 if he has to go around into the New Seaforth Dock to the berth. I usually pay £10-11 out to Crosby which is just beyond the Dock by another 5 miles or so. It shouldn't be more than that, but a lot depends on the cost of petrol at the time I guess.

thanks,probably do taxi instead of Freds shuttle.

Hi Popsy Wopsey,

Are you off again? You've only just come back from the Braemar:D

Mind you,I can talk, I'm away again in September and just looking for round Britain next year!!

Itchy feet Im afraid,I was offered a good deal so couldn,t refuse,I,ve done 2 round Britains and loved them both,the best was on Black Prince last year,Irish Sea ,flat calm and a beautiful blue.:)

Itchy feet Im afraid,I was offered a good deal so couldn,t refuse,I,ve done 2 round Britains and loved them both,the best was on Black Prince last year,Irish Sea ,flat calm and a beautiful blue.:)

We just received a load of bumph this morning from Victoria travel. Looking at Crown Princess, but will check out Fred as well. Crown Princess is huge :eek:- can it get into little places like the Braemar? Wasn't it wonderful coming down the rivers on French collection cruise?

Our first one was on Grand Princess ,sister ship to Crown,it was enjoyable but not as "quaint" as BP.

I thought the Braemar cruise one of the nicest I,ve ever done,what a great atmosphere on the ship as well.Wish Olsen had another smallish ship that could get into these ports,I,m sure it would be a great hit.:)

Our first one was on Grand Princess ,sister ship to Crown,it was enjoyable but not as "quaint" as BP.

I thought the Braemar cruise one of the nicest I,ve ever done,what a great atmosphere on the ship as well.Wish Olsen had another smallish ship that could get into these ports,I,m sure it would be a great hit.:)

We loved it, I hadn't been to any of the places before, OH had "passed through" Amsterdam, but not been to any of the other places. I had reservations about France before, but now love it. I'm recommending Fred to everyone:D and as you can see have already booked the Cuba/Caribbean cruise for my birthday in Feb 2011

Hope you realise that this cruise starts in Newcastle and relocates to Liverpool.

Have no fear ,there is a free transfer from Langton dock to Newcastle at the beginning of the cruise,also a shuttle from Norton St., National Express coach station to Langton dock,there is also a free shuttle for passengers going back to Newcastle at the end of the cruise.:)

Does anyone know the taxi fare from Liverpool Lime St., to Langton dock and anyone else on this cruise.:)

I live in Liverpool and tend to avoid the taxis as I think they are expensive. From my house to the Pier Head around 3 miles cost me £8 if I included the tip.

The journey from Lime Street is over twice the distance and it will depend which of the dock entrances the taxi uses. Strand Road gate is shortest to Langton Terminal - but is only open weekdays during normal working hours and even then can close.

Going via Seaforth Gate - the main entrance adds almost two miles.

Though I have paid for port parking when using Liverpool, some friends who have used the port without a car get the train to Bootle New Strand (change at Lime Street) and catch a taxi from there.

There is a frequent service to Bootle on the Southport line.

Bootle New Strand is a shopping complex with bus and taxi stands.

My comment above should have read:

"The journey from Lime Street to Langton Cruise terminal is over twice the distance and it will depend which of the dock entrances the taxi uses. Strand Road gate is shortest to Langton Terminal - but is only open weekdays during normal working hours and even then can close."

Archived