General Dislike for Children?

Johnsmomma

There is the heart of the problem...nobody likes to be stereotyped or lumped into any group. It is a hurtful practice.

It is terrible that any group has to worry about feeling unwelcome before they even embark on their vacation. That includes families , the disabled ...and so many others.

Hey, edit it all you like. Your comments still stand. And I found/find them offensive.

Yes, my comments still stand and are intended to be. I am so offended with all l the comments about kids as if they are not paying full fare. I could not have done the edit you accused me of. Our posts were hours apart so from where you stand or sit can you at least acknowledge your error, that you were wrong and made a mistake. You have a right to your feeling as I a right to share an experience. No one has the right to accuse someone of something they did not do at least in my generation. Know w/o an apology I forgive your error and mistake. Without acknowledgment you are welcome.

I don't much like kids either -- .

In this statement lets replace the word kids with another group.

I don't much like ELDERLY

I don't much like BLACKS

I don't much like HISPANICS

I don't much like JEWS, CHRISTIANS,

How truly offensive would that be and why is it ok to be said about kids on the section of the board devoted to family cruising. Though I would have the right I would not have shared my wheel chair incident on the disabled board.....more because of poor taste even if it is the truth.

There's nothing cute or funny about a toddler "screeching"! :mad:

My child is 1. One year olds occasionally make noise. There were many people who thought she was cute. It wasn't screeching out of anger, but out of excitement and happiness. When people see a baby happy and excited, often times they find it to be cute! She never had a tantrum or whined (which is amazing for a 1 year old). Overall she was a great baby on this trip (many people told me that). But again....when she was loud, I took her out of the room. I didn't even think twice about it. There were MANY infants on our cruise. There were many kids in general on our cruise. Kids make noise.....kids scream, kids laugh, kids cry, kids act like kids.

For those who don't want to be around children, then pick a cruise line that doesn't cater to children. There are many of them. That way you won't be bothered by the slightest noise. Travel during off peak times....Cruising to the Caribbean in the summer is for families. Cruising during the holidays cater to families. That's just how it is.

We did get some looks and snide remarks on our NCL Jewel Cruise last week. My 1 year old DD is very vocal and likes to screech.

My child is 1. One year olds occasionally make noise.

Based on your first post, she's quite loud and makes more than the "occasional" noise. Sure people will pretend she's amusing but they're really thinking "Shut that kid up". :rolleyes:

Based on your first post, she's quite loud and makes more than the "occasional" noise. Sure people will pretend she's amusing but they're really thinking "Shut that kid up". :rolleyes:

She wasn't anymore vocal than any of the other kids on the ship. Other kids her age were just as vocal. But unlike some of the other parents, when she was overly vocal, I took her out of the room. How many times do I have to say that? For some reason, that statement keeps getting overlooked. I didn't just sit there and let her do it....I did something about it, which is more than I can say for other people.

In this statement lets replace the word kids with another group.

I don't much like ELDERLY

I don't much like BLACKS

I don't much like HISPANICS

I don't much like JEWS, CHRISTIANS,

How truly offensive would that be and why is it ok to be said about kids on the section of the board devoted to family cruising. Though I would have the right I would not have shared my wheel chair incident on the disabled board.....more because of poor taste even if it is the truth.

And so how is your statement, "I don't much like DISABLED people" any less offensive???

And so how is your statement, "I don't much like DISABLED people" any less offensive???

Where did I say that? I shared an incident and an observation about 'some' people in wheel chair. Be careful of your assumption, because we don't all come on a forum and declare our handicap doesn't mean they don't exist. Disabilities are NOT limited to those in wheel chairs. Bad behaviors are not limited to children. Are you going to man/woman up and apologize or are you going to continue to hide behind what you think I said or did but can't prove

You placed something in "quotes" I did not say, and you can't prove. Are you going to accuse me of editing it out...shameful. If not to me but the other parents on this board who want to believe there are NOT child haters on their vacation (my words not yours) Yours were "I don't much like kids eithe"

WHERE IS THAT STATEMENT IN QUOTES YOU ARE ACCUSING ME OF MAKING?

Archived