Puffins in Nova Scotia or New Brunswich?

A friend of mine said, "you'll see puffins there."

What? I know you can see them in Alaska, but have no idea if my friend is correct about the E Coast of Canada. I haven't seen any excursions saying you'll see them. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

What? I know you can see them in Alaska, but have no idea if my friend is correct about the E Coast of Canada. I haven't seen any excursions saying you'll see them. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

I've never seen any nor heard of anyone seeing any here but then I've never seen any whales and they can been see in the waters. Here's the Birds of Nova Scotia site http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mnh/nature/nsbirds/bns0200.htm I know they are found in Newfoundland-labrador so maybe during migration times they may stop off here.

There are indeed puffins in New Brunswick, most notably Grand Manan Island and Machias Seal Island. However, there are no cruise ship excursions to the island and it cannot be done in 1 day with rental car due to ferry schedule and line ups. It's a bird wathcers paradise with over 360 species - it's on a major eastern flyway.

We asked about Puffins in Cornerbrook, NL when we were there because they had all kinds of postcards and stuffed animal puffins for sale, and we were told they are only on the East side of NL. We really wanted to see the,. so we went to Alaska this May and saw them with Capt. Davey in Sitka... Good excuse to book another trip if you ask me :D

Just a note about the whale post above, we saw a number of whales just as we left Cornerbrook, off the Southwest corner of NL. No idea what kind they were, but they were big and black, maybe Minke?

Archived