Time to fly out of FLL?

fdlacey

I hope my question isn't too redundant. I know that a lot of posts have to do with when to fly after a cruise. We are going on a cruise in June, we will be disembarking on a Saturday and I don't know when to schedule my flight for. We were scheduled on a non-stop flight that left FLL at 4:30, but American has now changed that flight to leave at 6:30. So, they are letting us change to an earlier flight. I'm really leaning towards a flight that leaves at 1:30. Will that give me enough time with how busy FLL seems to be from other threads that I have read? Also, HAL recommends flights after 2:00 and my TA recommends after 3:00. There is also a 2:30 flight, but I would like to get back as soon as possible. Thanks for you help!

Yeah, I think you are fine, too. I mean, things happen, but those are the exception to the rule. As for how busy the airport is, June isn't prime cruise season, so chances are yours will be the only ship in port that day (I can't remember if the Caribbean Princess does Saturdays or Sundays).

• 2 weeks later...

Just a final thought on this. Last year I was nervous about getting a flight out of FLL so I scheduled a 430. We were at the airport by 10:00 and trying to catch an earlier flight. (which we didnt). There was a security line which was long but only took a half hour to get through, however, they were giving priority to passengers on flights soon to depart. This year we will be flying out of Tampa, and asking for early debarkation to catch an 11:45 flight. If all works out, we will be home 7 hours earlier than last year! Ricknlynn

Archived