When can you book shore excursions?

I'm a first timer too but I found that our excursions for our early March '11 are already available. (however, this is an itinerary that is being repeated over a couple of months so that may have been a factor). You can reserve the excusions in the 'already booked' section.

You can do the excursion bookings online if you want to, but I dont think there is really much need unless a particular excursion has very limited numbers. Last cruise I booked on line, simply because I could but then once onboard, after Id read or heard more about some of the other excursions, I simply went to the tour desk and changed a couple of our choices. That wasnt a problem. Its not like on the huge ships where thousands of people may want to go on a particular trip.....very rarely would you miss out on your choices. We always do several "back to back" cruises, so usually just book each leg within a couple of days of boarding.

then start researching the Norway one in May....Was on SeaDream last month and you could just book on ship ,,even day of exc.,,but only 110 passengers,,,,size difference,,,makes a big difference in the lines I sure...One of the reasons we chose Regent,,was the "free" exc..and now many not available,,sort of "bait and switch" feeling...hope rest turns out better.....:confused:

My wife and I are considering the May 2011 Yachtsman Riviera cruise for our first (of hopefully many) cruises on the Seabourn Legend. The itinerary seems the best start for us (we spend the last 2 years doing land trips to London and Paris), as we want to experience the south of France. For any past cruisers, is the timing better than in the summer when I assume it would be more crowded in ports and of course, hotter? We may decide to wait until the beginning of October too!

The listing of excurions on the website seems rather limited, so do other cruisers start a roll call and plan things together.

Looking for any help and ideas. Thank you

John

We were in southern France in May of last year,,,and weather warm and sunny,,,which they say is normal,,,not Hot,,till later...Oct.would be a little cooler,,,

As far as excursions,,,have seen a few that sound good on website,,,also will look at private tours,,thru google on each port,,,also got a few guidebooks for more ideas..

Did sign up on roll call section,,,but little response so far,,maybe too early,going in May,too,,but Odyssey to Norway.

Ps.lived in Dearborn,Troy,Sterling Heights,,,now FL...and don t miss the snow,hahaha,

Will be my first SB cruise too.:)

Thanks for the weather info. We want to touch base with some various southern ports in France because I want to start researching some ideas for where we want to retire. Have about 10 years until then, but such a move would require many trips to investigate - it may be tedious, but I suppose I will survive as someone would have to do it - darn!

We lived for a few years over in St. Joseph (directly across the lake from Chicago) so we know what real snow is and we don't miss it.

Noticed that the Grand Prix of Monaco starts May 26-29, glad the cruise would be over on the 22nd and we'd still have a day or two to tour Nice before the crowds.

Has anyone done the Tasting at Chateau Font du Broc for the stop in Le Lavandou?

My wife and I are considering the May 2011 Yachtsman Riviera cruise for our first (of hopefully many) cruises on the Seabourn Legend. . . . .

Looking for any help and ideas. Thank you

John

John,

My Mom and I did the Yachtsman Riviera cruise a couple of years ago. My favorite ship is the Legend!! We usually go mid-September to early October. The weather is still warm in September but starts to cool down plus this is the end of the "season" and the crowds are not as bad. HTH

Lisa :)

Archived