Anyone ever use VIP Shuttle Service Corp out of Miami?

MamaParrotHead

http://www.vipshuttleservices.com/vehicle/browse.cfm?CFID=29163284&CFTOKEN=48244471

I just stumbled upon them after Googling Miami Van shuttle. Then someone on another thread I put asking about any van services referred me to this place out of FLL. I called the guy and he actually referred me to VIP.

I called. $100 (including tip) for up to 15 people and baggage. Not sure what it'd be for smaller groups.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We just got back from our cruise, and used VIP to get us from MIA to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, then back again from Port Everglades to MIA. We were very happy with the service. The pre-cruise communication was very good, the driver was waiting for us at the baggage claim in MIA as promised, and the bus had a trailer on the back to accommodate all of our luggage. He stopped at CVS for us so we could pick up some water (which we wanted to take onto the ship the next day). The driver also offered to come back the next morning to take everyone from the hotel to the port, and most of our group took advantage of this. The driver was also right on time picking us up after our cruise.

I guess the only minor complaint I would have is that the A/C towards the back of the bus doesn't work as well as in the front of the bus. It was still cool, but not "cold". But this was very minor, and certainly wouldn't stop me from using them again.

• 7 years later...

Update:

We used VIP back in 2011, and had a positive experience. So when we had another cruise planned for this Thanksgiving, I called VIP to set up transportation. 

Sanaa was very responsive when I called. I explained that we had a group of 23, and all wanted to travel together from the hotel to the Port of Miami. She offered a bus, and sent me pictures of it...showing how spacious it was, how it had big screen TVs, etc. We negotiated a fair price, which was to include gratuity. 

Fast forward to the morning of the cruise, and VIP is nowhere to be found at our confirmed pick up time. That's pretty much a nightmare when you have 23 people waiting, and they are all blaming me for not having the bus there!

I called Sanaa, and left a voicemail. She called back, and seemed surprised that the bus hadn't arrived yet. She said she would call the driver and get back to me. I did not hear back for several minutes, so I called here again because our group was getting anxious. She did not answer the phone. Eventually, through a series of calls and text messages, she informed me that the bus was "in traffic", and therefore wasn't coming. She said that she would send 2 vans instead.

We had booked the bus because we all wanted to travel together as a group. The bus never arrived. I should not have had to call to tell VIP that the bus wasn't there -- the bus driver should have alerted his employer that he was stuck and not going to make it, and VIP should have made alternate transportation arrangements for us PRIOR to my calling to say that the bus never showed up. When the vans arrived, the driver asked me for a tip...even though it was already negotiated into the price. The van was not large enough for our group. There were enough seats, but not enough room for luggage. So we had passengers sitting with suitcases on their laps. 

Overall, it was a very disappointing experience. VIP did not deliver what they promised (transportation via bus...a vehicle large enough to accommodate our group and luggage). They made us a half hour late to our arrival appointment. They caused us to start our vacation out in a stressful manner -- that's the last thing you want when you are traveling.

I gave 2 stars because they did eventually get us to the port. But I would not recommend or use again.