SEAMILES - Talk To a Rep and Supervisor

Rowan555

I've got my Icruise and Seamiles cards sitting here, and I'm trying to decide which to begin using. So I tried one last time to get some information from Seamiles. Called yesterday, sat on hold for 30 minutes, then someone took my information and said I would get a call back. No one called.

I called again this morning and talked to a rep who said, "The Sea Miles program just started a few days ago (huh?) and I actually just got the details this morning on my desk." He read me the same thing we have access to on the web and in the brochure - I told him ALL I want to know is what EXACTLY does the "up to $500 off" mean with the 10,000 point reward. I had some specific sailing dates/ships/prices to give him so that he could maybe look it up and tell me what dollar amount I would get. I also wanted to know if the discounts were stackable, since I have 52,000 Capital One points I might roll over into Sea Miles. He put me on hold for 20 minutes, talked to support, then got a supervisor on the phone - they had NO idea what the reward entails. He also told me that even if I had 10,000 points in my account today, the points can't be redeemed until the end of June.

He said he would look into this further and call me back. I told him about this message board and that MANY people are frustrated with the lack of information regarding the 10,000 point reward. I also told him many of us are ready to go to another bank for our cruise reward cards if we can't get very specific information on what this reward means in terms of dollars. He said he definitely would find out the details and get back to me.

At this point I'm still leaning heavily toward Icruise, especially since learning that the rewards CAN be used to pay port charges and taxes.

I will keep you all posted on any new information I receive.

I also wanted to know the same information about up to $500 off a cruise for 10,000 points. I got the card and started using it. I hope they have some definite information soon.I have 23,000 Capital One points, which would give me $500 off a cruise.I want to know if you only need 10,000 points for $500. That is a much better deal.I can't believe they do not know this.I don't want to be forced to book something by the end of May and find out that their program is better.I,too, am frustrated.If anyone finds out something substantial, please pass it on.SeaMiles lets you book other cruise lines, not just Carnival.I tried calling Carnival, but they do not know anything either.I would think everything would be written in black and white before they started this program.I hope, at least by May, we will have definite answers.

Archived