Our first cruise on the Ventura next July

RunicTalisman

Hi All

After some lengthy research and much pondering I have booked a 14 day cruise on the Ventura next July. Hopefully, as this is a special 30th anniversary trip, I've made a good choice.

If anyone has any tips or advise on cruises I would be very pleased to hear them

Thanks

John

Hello John. I'm sure you'll have a good cruise next July. We've cruised on Ventura twice now and had an excellent time on each one. Other readers will, I'm sure, be sick of the next bit, but I blogged from both these cruises. You can find the posts from our first Ventura cruise (Canaries, September/October 2008) here, and those from our second Ventura cruise (Med, May/June this year) here.

Hi , we sailed on Ventura in April and i think you have made a great choice , Ventura is a wonderful ship that caters for all tastes and all ages .We were on freedom dinings which i would highly recommend as it gives you the freedom of dining whenever you want as a rigid dining time every night would not have fitted in very well with our plans , we were lucky in that we were always seated with very nice table companions but if you wanted a table for two then you could always get one even if you had to wait 10 minutes , the service throughout the ship was wonderful , our cabin steward was excellant in every way and kept our cabin spotlessly clean.The entertainment onboard was also excellant and varied and the shows in the theatre were breathtaking.Ventura is a very large ship with 3000 plus passengers but surprisingly there is plenty of room onboard and you never seem crowded there are plenty of sunbeds available for everyone and the pool area is a lovely area for a relaxing day in the sun . Prices onboard are also very reasonable with the drinks costing about the same as you would pay in a British pub and you are able to keep track of your spending via the interactive tv in your cabin .I am sure you will love the cruise as we did , and you will have no worries in any way as P&O really do know everything about cruising and giving you the holiday of a lifetime , enjoy the cruise.

Archived