Shasa vs. Calabaza

betonic

If anyone can give me their experiences with these two companies I would appreciate it. I'm considering the 5 hour snorkeling and lunch tour with both companies. The price is $20 per person less on Shasa. So I guess what I really want to know is whether it's worth it to pay the extra money for Calabaza???

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

We sail our own boat in the Great lakes during the summer, so when we cruise in the winter we try to have a one day sailing "fix". Last January we chose to spend the day on Calabaza. It was the best sailing day we have EVER done. First class all the way. When you are given your drinks in a REAL glass with logo, and a different glass for each drink, that is about as first class as you can get. Great food, drinks, etc. We did not snorkel (others did) but did join in with steering the boat up and down the coast. Great day and we will definitely go with them again when we return to Barbados.

I definitely would say it is worth the extra money to go Calabaza. The personal touches makes it the best Cat trip we have ever taken, and the hostess couldn't be more gracious or providing. If you are doing something special, go the extra bit to make it the best. You won't be disappointed.

We love Calabaza. Gina and the gang are woderful. The food is spectacular, well worth the extra $20. We go to Barbados usually at least every two years and this is always the highlight of our trip. We were out at the end of January for two weeks and ended up going out for three crusises. Absolutely wonderful!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Barbados on the 8th of this month. Gina and her crew truly do go above and beyond the call. There was no time that we were not catered to.

The snorkeling was nice but the weather turned bad on us and we had to head back in. The experience of snorkeling with Turtles is one you will never forget.

Calabaza ROCKS

We sail our own boat in the Great lakes during the summer, so when we cruise in the winter we try to have a one day sailing "fix". Last January we chose to spend the day on Calabaza. It was the best sailing day we have EVER done. First class all the way. When you are given your drinks in a REAL glass with logo, and a different glass for each drink, that is about as first class as you can get. Great food, drinks, etc. We did not snorkel (others did) but did join in with steering the boat up and down the coast. Great day and we will definitely go with them again when we return to Barbados.

Sounds Great! Thanks for the review, I am schedule in November, looking forward to it.

Archived