Price Drop

Italy52

Newbie to Celebrity and have a question. We have already paid our cruise in full. If the price of our cabin has dropped, does Celebrity refund the money or give you a cabin credit? Just wondering, I know other lines some times make adjustments for price drops. Thanks in advance for your responses.

It is prety rare that prices would drop. And when they do, it tends to be for a specific cabin category or is in some other way applicable to only a few existing bookings. It is not to the cruise line's benefit to discourage early bookings, so any price drop generally applies to earlier bookings.

I strongly suspect that the price won't drop. Celebrity is running slightly over 100% capacity on average, so there's no compelling financial reason to drop prices as they get closer to the cruise date. Of course if you are dealing with a travel agent, then the actual total price you are charged may be different from Celebrity's price, since agents can take smaller commissions to make a sale.

I disagree, we've recieved several price drops, our ta checks frequently, even after the price is pd in full. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt---your chances are better the farther in advance it it booked.

Celebrity Century

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;10;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Millenium Thanksgiving!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;11;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

herbnjod In our particular case, the cruise is paid in full and the trip is in June. When you received your adjustment after it was paid in full, did it come in the form of a shipboard credit, or a credit to your credit card? Thanks in advance for your help.

There was a period of time after 9-11 when prices were dropping on a regular basis. Now, however, the ships seem to be fully booked on a regular basis and prices are going up rather than coming down as the cruise date nears.

Italy52

As others have posted, I've never seen prices

drop as the departure date approaches. I fact, I noticed an intersting item yesterday; while checking the Celebrity site for SS rooms, their rate is currently $2,700.00 pp for the room alone (Mille 11/07 transatlantic), an increase over the previous rate of $2,425.00 pp (a rate that still shows on Travelocity). They used to be the same!! Interesting icon_confused.gif

TnT

From past experience, if there is a price drop after full payment is made but before you receive your paperwork, they (Celebrity) will apply a credit to your credit card. However, you must bring it to the attention of Celebrity either directly or through your travel agent. They, obviously, will not credit you if they don't have to. Price drops still happen. I would keep an eye open until you receive your paperwork.

Michael

Michael, thank you for answering my question. You gave me the facts and not assumptions. I appreciate your help very much.

TNTKP Prices do drop from time to time. I know it is rare, but it can occur. If you look at some of the posts above, you will see that it has happened. icon_smile.gif

Archived