Oosterdam vrs Zaandam

vanrhyn

Having been on both - I prefer the larger Vista class "O". Of course, it was our first cruise ship and we fell in love with cruising.

We were disappointed in the Zaandam (the ship) - although it was a wonderful cruise chartered by Garrison Keillor and we had a fantastic time.

Go figure, we are sailing the Zaandam again in October but only because it is the only HAL ship that currently goes to Hawaii. :o Hoping for the best since now it has a lot of negative reviews.

The Eurodam is sailing to Hawaii in 2011. That's great news - but we had already made our minds up to go this year.

Another vote here for the Oosterdam, I have sailed on the Zaandam but I have sailed on the Oosterdam more than any other DAM ship and I still think of her has my Home away from Home. I think you will be pleased with the Oosterdam and all she has to offer.

I would go with the Zaandam. She is a smaller and more intimate ship. She is a member of the R class of ships and is twin to the Volendam. I did sail the OOSTERDAM once and she is a very nice ship. However, I would alway opt for an "R" class ship over a Vista Class ship. My next two are on Signature Class Ships and then I go back to an R class ship. My vote is for the ZAANDAM

I would go with the Zaandam. She is a smaller and more intimate ship. She is a member of the R class of ships and is twin to the Volendam. I did sail the OOSTERDAM once and she is a very nice ship. However, I would alway opt for an "R" class ship over a Vista Class ship. My next two are on Signature Class Ships and then I go back to an R class ship. My vote is for the ZAANDAM

I haven't sailed on either the Oosterdam or the Zaandam.. BUT I have sailed on the Volendam. If the Zaandam truly is the "twin to the Volendam", I can safely say you can expect the Zaandam to be a great ship. I loved the Volendam (my first ship).

I'll be sailing the O next month, I'll let you know my review!

The Zaandam has a musical theme. There art is musical instruments. There is a huge pipe organ in the atrium. Otherwise, it is Identical to the Volendam. Built from the same plans and has the exact same layout and same number of rooms as does the Volendam.

I am consider one of two cruises in April for the Sea of Cortez.

Which ship would most people prefer?

The itneratires are indentical.

Rod

Hi. We are booked on the Zaandam, April 10, 2011. I am excited to experience the Zaandam. The Oosterdam is a drteam ship. We love HAL. :)

Archived