Reposition Cruise on Legend March 21st 2011

Delboy1

Since you are sailing in March, you may have some motion of the ocean, so I recommend bringing your preferred OTC seasickness medication as a precaution. You will most likely be wearing shorts and tee shirt at your FLL swailaway party, but as you sail northeast toward the European continent, the weather will get cooler. I recommend packing a sweater or two and a light jacket or windbreaker for outdoor activities.

As you approach Europe, the ocean currents change and the vessel motion changes from a pitching up and down to a combination of pitching up and down and rolling from side to side or "corkscrewing." I actually enjoy doing my deck walking with this sort of motion as it gives my legs a really good workout, not only maintaining my balance but not bumping into passengers who may be lounging in the chaises or the attentive wait staff.

You will have a wonderful time on your Legend eastbound Trans-Atlantic! I hope you will have time after the cruise to explore Malaga and its environs as it is a wonderful place to go sightseeing! :)

We were on the transatlantic this year at the same time of year (on Regent....my preference would have been Seabourn but my husband was apprehensive about the small ships). I do think the weather can be variable depending on the year and at the 55-65 degree point, it can be a very different cruise. It was basically very cool this year. We didn't spend much time outside on the ship. Few people were in the pool (with the rocking and rolling that PeaSea8ch so accurately described, it was sloshing about a good deal.) Walking was great excercise against the wind! We had no storms, no rainy days. Perfectly lovely. Our weather in Funchal and Spain was pretty close to perfect. Have a wonderful time and enjoy the ship!

Archived