What will happen?

cougarcb16

Well this is my first cruise so I dont know what will happen like a plane or resort. We are four families and we all booked threw the same travel agencys and we all got the same cabins which are guarnateed oceanviews.

When we get to the peir, will they know to put our cabins close to each other? Will we have to tell them? Will the first family to check in have the best chance at upgrade?

Also for dinner, will they put us at one big table automatically or will we have to request it? Thanks for the help.

Well this is my first cruise so I dont know what will happen like a plane or resort. We are four families and we all booked threw the same travel agencys and we all got the same cabins which are guarnateed oceanviews.

When we get to the peir, will they know to put our cabins close to each other? Will we have to tell them? Will the first family to check in have the best chance at upgrade?

Also for dinner, will they put us at one big table automatically or will we have to request it? Thanks for the help.

When you booked your cruise your TA should have linked your cabin and dining room assignments together, if thats what you requested. Since you are a first time cruiser, they should have mentioned this to you. When you get to the pier the rooms will already be assigned and the porter will have all your names on the manifest. It wont make a difference what order you arrive.

If you booked guarantee rooms, there's a good chance you won't be together -- if you want/need to be together, I'd call the TA and get that changed. As for dinner, you should make sure that your TA has cross-referenced all of your booking numbers, otherwise, it's possible you won't sit together too.

As for upgrades, it's the luck of the draw.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys. It was actually another families TA and they told us to call and book if we wanted to go. I wasnt really thinking at the time so I just went with it. (They arent as smart as me ;)). So I couldnt control all of the small things like I usually do.

You might want to get back with that first friend and advise him that if ALL four bookings aren't "LINKED", there's no telling where y'all will be - and certainly won't be seated together for dinner. Better get that tended to soon.

If you all want to be near each other, you'll need to change your booking from a 'guarantee' to assigned cabins.

Unless it's really important to you for the cabins to be close together, I wouldn't worry about it. It's easy enough to meet up on the ship, no matter where the cabins are. Otherwise, do like Cotton said and pay the extra money to book assigned cabins (meaning you will actually pick the cabins you want to be in).

As far as dining, that is not a problem with guarantees as long as the reservations are linked. Again, like the others said, call the TA to make sure everyone has specified the same dining time (request) and that the reservations are linked.

I will talk to my friend about the linking tonight.

As for having rooms next to each other, do you think that is really important? Ive read in several threads that it is better to be far way from the people you are going with?

I agree, it gives you a place to visit :) Linking in the dining room might be something to look into. Either way have a great cruise!!

With six days left, I doubt you could get an assigned room.

I'm sailing with a group of friends. We've all booked assigned rooms, but all over the ship because some wanted the cheapest inside cabins, others wanted ocean view, and one couple wanted a suite. No problem for us.

There will be more than enough time to spend together and alone. That's the great thing about traveling with friends/family on a cruise. Everyone can do their own thing and meet up for dinner. Of course, you'll see everyone throughout the day, but, if somebody wants to sit out in the sun and somebody else wants to read a book in the shade, it's all good. Same with shore excursions. We traveled with my parents and a couple of friends last time. My parents took city tours in the ports, as they weren't interested in beach activities. My family and our friends spent 2 out of the 4 days in port together. The other 2 days our friends wanted to venture out on their own. No problem, no hurt feelings. You don't have to be joined at the hip.

Have a great time!

I'm sailing with a group of friends. We've all booked assigned rooms, but all over the ship because some wanted the cheapest inside cabins, others wanted ocean view, and one couple wanted a suite. No problem for us.

There will be more than enough time to spend together and alone. That's the great thing about traveling with friends/family on a cruise. Everyone can do their own thing and meet up for dinner. Of course, you'll see everyone throughout the day, but, if somebody wants to sit out in the sun and somebody else wants to read a book in the shade, it's all good. Same with shore excursions. We traveled with my parents and a couple of friends last time. My parents took city tours in the ports, as they weren't interested in beach activities. My family and our friends spent 2 out of the 4 days in port together. The other 2 days our friends wanted to venture out on their own. No problem, no hurt feelings. You don't have to be joined at the hip.

Have a great time!

Wish some former friends of our had understood this a year ago . . . unfortunately, they thought we were supposed to shower together! (just kidding, but I think you understand)

As for having rooms next to each other, do you think that is really important? Ive read in several threads that it is better to be far way from the people you are going with?

Having all of your cabins next to each other can be the beginning of the end of those friendships. Although it may work for some people, I need some space and not a good friend "halooooing" me every time I set foot outside of my cabin or onto my balcony. ;)

Archived