size of verandah in deluxe verandah suite on Noordam?

Paja

I am wondering how big the verandah is in the deluxe verandah suite on the Noordam. There are 7 of us cruising and we would like to be able to get together in one of the cabins. Royal Caribbean gives the size of the balcony in their Grand Suite as 106 square feet which would be great. HAL only gives the total square footage at 510 square feet, which is a bit bigger than the total of the Royal Caribbean. Any help would be appreciated.

If I recall correctly our Deluxe Veranda Suite had a table and four chairs (for enjoying room service outside) as well as a lounge chair, a regular chair and a side table on the balcony. I think there would be room for one more chair and if you ask, your room steward would probably bring one.

One of the perks of the suite is afternoon tea and/or appetizers each day. There were four adults staying in the cabin and the tea was way more than four people could eat. You may be able to have 7 people party on the appetizers!

Have a great time!

St. Louis Sal

If you check the sticky above called photos of HAL staterooms/cabins and click on the Noordam then go to the Navigation deck you will see some great pictures of both the cabin and the balconies for the deluxe verandah suites. I'd forgotten just how big those balconies are. Lucky you getting to cruise on the Noordam; she's my favorite.

St. Louis Sal

I am wondering how big the verandah is in the deluxe verandah suite on the Noordam. There are 7 of us cruising and we would like to be able to get together in one of the cabins. Royal Caribbean gives the size of the balcony in their Grand Suite as 106 square feet which would be great. HAL only gives the total square footage at 510 square feet, which is a bit bigger than the total of the Royal Caribbean. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the verandah sizes as reported by feloow CC members:

The standard Verandah/Balcony is 6 feet deep by 9 feet wide. VA aft/stern Verandah/Balcony are deeper (how much depends on which deck, and Vista class versus Signature class). VD are 7.5 feet deep. VF and VE on Vista Class ships, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam, Verandah deck are only 4.5 feet deep. As of this time I do not have information on the Verandah/Balcony sizes of the PS, SA, SB, SC or SY categories Staterooms.

On the S Class ships the BA, BB, and BC (at least the Verandahs on the Ryndam) are 9 feet wide by 7 feet deep. 63 sq ft total. Same size approximately as the VA, VB and VC verandas on the Vista Class Ships.

Joanie

Joanie

This ship was our first Deluxe Verandah. It has very generous rooms and the verandahs are great. Plenty of room for at least 6 people on the balcony and enough chairs for everyone. I think you will enjoy it. enjoy your cruise:D

Just to clarify IRL_Joanie's post - those sizes quoted are for a deluxe verandah, not a deluxe verandah suite.

Joanie has set up the most incredible, amazing website with photos of cabins. As always: thank you, Joanie!

However, your verandah will be bigger - big enough for 7.

The exact size will depend on location/subcategory. There are stern facing SC deluxe suites which wrap around the aft corner of the ship; SB ones which do the same, or else run along the length of the "hump"; and standard SA suites, which are more square - and more standardized.

The SC deluxe suites are cheapest. Their balconies are by far the biggest, but their cabins are smallest.

On a sister ship of Noordam, I threw a sailaway party for about 40 - 50 people om my corner wrap SC balcony. Plenty of room. However, those corner wrap balconies are very different and special.

I'm jealous - enjoy!

P.S.: just found this link to a photo of a Noordam SA balcony, taken by Grumpy, a former board regular I miss.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2892121200074544281OOrWVb

Thank you everyone! The suite is SC, so am I right in assuming that it will be more than big enough for 7? That is great! The picture really helped, we could manage very nicely with that. This is a family cruise, my 91 and 89 year old parents are treating and we thought it would be great to spring for the deluxe accomodation for them (as I said, they are treating!! lol!). The rest of us can slum it and enjoy their suite with them. We are very excited! thanks again for the input!

Paja, the SC will be wonderful for your parents. The balcony size will depend slightly on which deck - I believe deck 4 corners are biggest.

Here are some links to Noordam photos of an aft SC on Joanie's amazing site:

main balcony -

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/sm_158519878_p1000676a.jpg

side wrap section of balcony -

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/158519841_p1000670a.jpg

Archived