Help with Hollywood Beach on Hotwire?

debsjc

After getting a great deal on Hotwire for 2 night pre-pruise thanks to helpful posters on here, I now need some help with 2 nights post cruise.

We will be driving down to MIA aiport, so it seems like Hollywood might be a good area for a couple of nights on the beach.

Hotwire have a 4 star hotel in the Hollywood Beach area for $79, is there any way I can work out which property it might be? Thanks

We just booked the Westin Diplomat, which is a 4 star in Hollywood, which has the icons, Resort,Pool's,High Speed Internet,Near Beach,Restaurant,Golf,Fitness Center,Business Center, and sometimes Spa if you click on all amenities. We got it for $89 for January 21-23, and the hotel is right on the beach, which is what we were looking for!:D

Good Luck! Keith

We just booked the Westin Diplomat, which is a 4 star in Hollywood, which has the icons, Resort,Pool's,High Speed Internet,Near Beach,Restaurant,Golf,Fitness Center,Business Center, and sometimes Spa if you click on all amenities. We got it for $89 for January 21-23, and the hotel is right on the beach, which is what we were looking for!:D

Good Luck! Keith

You very well may be at the Diplomat Golf Resort and not at the Westin Diplomat on the beach. They are two properties but bill themselves as one property.

We heard about that on this forum, and I was going to call the hotel to confirm that we are at the beach resort, not the golf resort. They do have different addresses for the different locations, and our confirmation say's Diplomat resort and spa, not the Diplomat Golf Resort and Spa, so hopefully we got the beach resort, as we want to get some surf and sun before our Allure cruise!!:D

We heard about that on this forum, and I was going to call the hotel to confirm that we are at the beach resort, not the golf resort. They do have different addresses for the different locations, and our confirmation say's Diplomat resort and spa, not the Diplomat Golf Resort and Spa, so hopefully we got the beach resort, as we want to get some surf and sun before our Allure cruise!!:D

If your confirmation says the Diplomat Resort & Spa you are staying at the golf resort. They are rebranding the property.

If you were confirmed at the beach, your confirmation would read 'Westin Diplomat'.

As I told another cruiser, join the frequent stay program and then email the property with your Starwood number, have them add it to the reservation, then request to be in a room with an ocean view.

My reservation say's: The Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, so I could take it as I got the beach resort, but I will still check to make sure. I have a SPG number and will add it to my res. I tried to go to "My Reservations", but I keep getting the ".We are updating our reservations, please try again later" message. I booked for 16 in our group, so I hope we won't be disappointed in getting the golf resort and can't get them to switch us to the beach!:eek:

Keith

My reservation say's: The Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, so I could take it as I got the beach resort, but I will still check to make sure. I have a SPG number and will add it to my res. I tried to go to "My Reservations", but I keep getting the ".We are updating our reservations, please try again later" message. I booked for 16 in our group, so I hope we won't be disappointed in getting the golf resort and can't get them to switch us to the beach!:eek:

Keith

Keith, the reason I think you are off the beach is twofold. Firstly, your rate of $89 is crazy low for the end of January. The Golf rooms are going for over $300 per night that weekend. Secondly, the property has rebranded itself and there is no longer the Westin Diplomat and the Diplomat Golf Resort but the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. If you google both the Westin and the Golf resort, the same website comes up for both. They are no longer separate entities.

Instead, I would thank my lucky stars that you got such a great rate at such a fabulous property. They will shuttle you back and forth to the beach. All things considered, you really shouldn't be disappointed.

Thanks for all the info.

With the Westin does anyone know if each part of the property has it's own parking lot? We will have a rental car, so rather than waiting for the shuttle I wouldn't mind driving to the beach part of the property and just parking up there for the day.

Good Luck! Keith

Spring Valley, did you get the W on Hotwire for $89? We are looking for a room for the night of the 22 January 2011 and it appears the W is $102 to $109 (it changes everyday) on Hotwire. Wondering where you got the $89 rate?

Thanks

Edit:

Never mind. I ran the same request on Hotwire but changed to include the Friday night as you have above, and the W rate reduces from $103 for saturday night only to $89 for friday and saturday. Interesting. But nice to know that the hotel in question is the W.

We booked through Hotwire and were awarded the Westin Diplomat for $79 at the end of November. There is a lot of debate as to which hotel is which. Call the hotel to confirm that they have your reservation, then ask which property you are at. Both locations are superb. Plus they have a shuttle that runs between the two properties, and you are entitled to use the facilities at either location.

Spring Valley, did you get the W on Hotwire for $89? We are looking for a room for the night of the 22 January 2011 and it appears the W is $102 to $109 (it changes everyday) on Hotwire. Wondering where you got the $89 rate?

Thanks

Edit:

Never mind. I ran the same request on Hotwire but changed to include the Friday night as you have above, and the W rate reduces from $103 for saturday night only to $89 for friday and saturday. Interesting. But nice to know that the hotel in question is the W.

kitten, Spring Valley got the Westin Diplomat and not the W Hotel. Two different hotels one in Hollywood Beach the other in Fort Lauderdale.

kitten, Spring Valley got the Westin Diplomat and not the W Hotel. Two different hotels one in Hollywood Beach the other in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks BlueHerons. I did actually mean the Westin Diplomat and mistakenly called it the W in this post. I've seen comments about the W on other posts and thought they were one and the same. Thanks for clearing that up for me. You've likely saved me some confusion somewhere down the line.

We booked through Hotwire and were awarded the Westin Diplomat for $79 at the end of November. There is a lot of debate as to which hotel is which. Call the hotel to confirm that they have your reservation, then ask which property you are at. Both locations are superb. Plus they have a shuttle that runs between the two properties, and you are entitled to use the facilities at either location.

f7prez, the Westin Diplomat and the Diplomat Golf Resort have been rebranded as the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa. They are no longer being treated as two properties but as one.

Unless you specifically book the beach hotel, chances are you are booked at the golf resort if you have a really low rate.

Since your dates are the end of November, if it is not over Thanksgiving, I'm pretty sure you can get a room at the beach resort unless there is some big conference going on.

Whoever pays the best rate gets the best rooms.

Archived