Packing for Saturday Cruise

GAMOM4

I am getting ready to start packing for our cruise on the Fascination this Saturday. Every other cruise we have been on we carried our cokes in our checked luggage - we usually carry two twelve packs for the 4 of us but this year since it is just two of us going we are going to carry one. I was going to put it in the checked luggage as usual (easier than dragging it around) but after reading alot of posts regarding this - I called my PVP and he said it would be better if we carried it on - because if they detected it we may have to go down for them to open the luggage and be sure it wasn't alcohol. He said to save ourselves the trouble and just carry it on. I usually only take one small bag on with our medicine and cruise documents and things like that - but guess I better plan on taking something bigger. Just wanted to pass this information on - I'm not very happy about it but don't want to be embarrassed either.

I am getting ready to start packing for our cruise on the Fascination this Saturday. Every other cruise we have been on we carried our cokes in our checked luggage - we usually carry two twelve packs for the 4 of us but this year since it is just two of us going we are going to carry one. I was going to put it in the checked luggage as usual (easier than dragging it around) but after reading alot of posts regarding this - I called my PVP and he said it would be better if we carried it on - because if they detected it we may have to go down for them to open the luggage and be sure it wasn't alcohol. He said to save ourselves the trouble and just carry it on. I usually only take one small bag on with our medicine and cruise documents and things like that - but guess I better plan on taking something bigger. Just wanted to pass this information on - I'm not very happy about it but don't want to be embarrassed either.

Why would you be embarrassed?

Just don't lock your bags and they can take a look if they want to. Otherwise, go open it for them if they want to see what it is.

Why make it hard on yourself?

If we just use the zip ties on the luggage - would they just go ahead and cut it and go through it or with the zip ties would we have to go down for them to open it?

I don't know. They may consider the zip ties to be a "lock" and have you come cut them.

Personally, I would not worry about it. If they want you, it will take 5 min to show them what they want to see.

I have been called to the naughty room several times on NCL and I have never smiuggled anything. Sometime all I have to do is say I have nothing and just take my bag, sometimes they want to sort of look. But I do enjoy seeing all the booze they have taken piled up in barrels. It is amazing and I am usually down pretty fast after I get the letter.

I have never cruised on any line other than Carnival. So NCL has a room that they take the luggage to also? Are they as picky about bringing on alcohol and drinks in checked luggage?

Way more strict. Like I said, I have been down several times and I have never smuggled anything.

Archived