Progresso & Coz, todo w/ toddlers?

sas80

We're departing Carnival Ecstasy soon.

I've checked Paradise Beach and Passion Island in Coz. Ship is not in port long enough to justify $65 per adult for Passion and Paradise looks expensive for what it is (?worth it?)

Any suggestions for what to do with a 2 and 4 year old in Coz?

We would like a beach/food/bar situation that wont leave us spending $100 for the day.

Also, any suggestions for Progresso with toddlers? We've done Xumal (loved it) but we dont want to do that again with the kids for now.

Our family goes to Mr. Sanchos beach club everytime we are in Cozumel. We LOVE it there. There is no entrance fee ~ you have free use of their umbrella covered tables, lounge chairs, outdoor showers, infinity pool, restrooms and gorgeous beach with underwater sculptures for snorkeling. Anything beyond that you purchase ala carte, and at very reasonable prices I might add. Here are some prices we have paid, to get an idea:

~ Unlimited use of water inflatables $12.00

~ Large bottle of water $3.00

~ (Amazing) Nachos $6.00

~ Massage $50.00 (approx.)

~ Novelty ice creams $3.00

~ Canned soda $2.50

Our family of four usually spends around $50.00 if we are just doing the beach, pool and lunch.

They also have all the extra amenties: ATVs, horses, banana boats, snorkeling gear, parasailing, etc. It costs us about $20 each way for the taxi. We ALWAYS have an amazing time at Mr. Sancho's!

Our family goes to Mr. Sanchos beach club everytime we are in Cozumel. We LOVE it there. There is no entrance fee ~ you have free use of their umbrella covered tables, lounge chairs, outdoor showers, infinity pool, restrooms and gorgeous beach with underwater sculptures for snorkeling. Anything beyond that you purchase ala carte, and at very reasonable prices I might add. Here are some prices we have paid, to get an idea:

~ (Amazing) Nachos $6.00

~ Canned soda $2.50

Our family of four usually spends around $50.00 if we are just doing the beach, pool and lunch.

They also have all the extra amenties: ATVs, horses, banana boats, snorkeling gear, parasailing, etc. It costs us about $20 each way for the taxi. We ALWAYS have an amazing time at Mr. Sancho's!

$20 each way, is that because of how many people or transported or because if the length of transportation? We are only going to be there from 9-3 so we dont want to get too far away.

It is more because of the number of people and I correct myself, when it is just my family and we are going by car taxi it is around $13 one way. Two of the four times we have gone we have been traveling with another family and have paid approx. $20 each way for a van taxi.

Mr. Sancho's is located JUST passed Paradise Beach. You can acutally walk right onto Paradise from there. I believe it is 10 miles from the port.

It is more because of the number of people and I correct myself, when it is just my family and we are going by car taxi it is around $13 one way. Two of the four times we have gone we have been traveling with another family and have paid approx. $20 each way for a van taxi.

Mr. Sancho's is located JUST passed Paradise Beach. You can acutally walk right onto Paradise from there. I believe it is 10 miles from the port.

Thanks for that clarification! Sounds like a better deal than paradise, and possibly more family friendly :)

We took our boys to paradise beach in November. At the time they were 1 and almost 3. They loved it. We bought 2 arm bands (they didn't make us buy one for the kids) and took the boys out on kayaks, the kids played on the mats in the ocean, and played with a few water toys.

In progreso - we went to the Dzibulchtan (spelling)? ruins as it was only about a 30 minute drive away. My oldest son loved climbing the ruins.

We are going back in December and this time I think we plan on doing Merida (see the ports of call board and look for the post called "merida with younger kids).

Hope that helps

~ (Amazing) Nachos $6.00

~ Canned soda $2.50

Agree. This is a nice beach where you an spend what you want after the taxi ride. We went first thing after our ship docked because they were warning of rain showers later on. The beach was empty when we arrived and stayed that way for the first hour or so. It was like have a private piece of heaven. It turned out to be sunny and beautiful the whole time we were there.

We took our boys to paradise beach in November. At the time they were 1 and almost 3. They loved it. We bought 2 arm bands (they didn't make us buy one for the kids) and took the boys out on kayaks, the kids played on the mats in the ocean, and played with a few water toys.

In progreso - we went to the Dzibulchtan (spelling)? ruins as it was only about a 30 minute drive away. My oldest son loved climbing the ruins.

We are going back in December and this time I think we plan on doing Merida (see the ports of call board and look for the post called "merida with younger kids).

Hope that helps

Thank you. I have heard of that before, I will check it out!

Agree. This is a nice beach where you an spend what you want after the taxi ride. We went first thing after our ship docked because they were warning of rain showers later on. The beach was empty when we arrived and stayed that way for the first hour or so. It was like have a private piece of heaven. It turned out to be sunny and beautiful the whole time we were there.

Sounds like Mr. Sancho's is a good possibility!

Archived