Legend vs. Voyager class RCCL

Markel

I sure would appreciate some insightful help on this issue. Next spring break we are planning on taking our 4 kids on a cruise. Ages 12, 14, 16 and 17. My husband and I would love to do the legend because of the 4 "at sea" days but we are worried that the kids may get a bit bored. I don't know if the rock climbing wall, ice rink, etc on the Voyager class ships would make a difference or not. Any opinions from you all would be greatly appreciated.

We've done both the Carnival Legend and the Advenutre of the Seas. It may sound strange but I preferred the Legend. The AOS is a beautiful and impressive ship but had alot of short-comings. The main one being the quality of the food. AOS just missed the mark in every respect. The food was so bad that we ate in Portifino's twice which was excellent. The Lido restaurant was too cefeteria-like and not very good. The kids really enjoyed Johnny Rockets alot so they get a plus. Found the cabins on the Legend bigger and more comfortable. Cabin service about equal. Aside from the ice show, found the Legend to have better entertainment. Kids Programs can vary from cruise to cruise. It depends on the types of kids on board. I found that by the end of the week, most kids were bored on both ships and, by then, had formed groups. I honestly did not enjoy the AOS, possibly because my expectations were too high. I agree with you. I love the sea days. One big plus with RCI is leaving from Bayonne. New York is a nightmare coming and going unless you take the Legend on an off day. I hope this helps.

Archived