Xcaret or Xel-ha

We have been to both places, but not when on a cruise. We enjoy visiting this area. We prefer Xel-Ha to Xcaret. However, we did find the night show at Xel-Ha very entertaining. There is a lot to do at both places. I highly recommend getting the all-inclusive deal at Xel-Ha which includes snorkeling equipment, lockers, and food for the day. I probably would take a taxi to either place.

Who do you guys book your packages thru? We're either wanting to go to Xel-ha or Discovery Beach and don't know how to do it. My 8year wants to swim with the dolphins. Carnivals prices for Discovery Beach are 40dollars more then what it cost so I don't want to do that. How much would the taxi cost me to get to either of these places?

Thanks

great questions so far... hopefully we can get someone who has gone...

i want to go to xel-ha but am nervous about taking a taxi... it seems to be 25 min from calica... carnival only offers to xcaret....

so has anyone done the xel-ha from calica pier... any problems?

We were in Calica a couple of weeks ago. When you get off the boat there are a LOT of taxis waiting to take you where you want to go and buses lines up. We did xcaret through Carnival as we had never been to this port before but we had been to Xcaret. Next time we will probably take a taxi on our own. We didn't know what to expect. Had awesome day at Xcaret. It was probably a 5-10 minute bus ride. Then they gave us 3 time options to meet bus and leave. They even said we could leave and take taxi into playa as long as we reported that we were leaving to someone at the gate. We had to write our names down when we got on bus. They checked to make sure all returned. We stayed and took the last bus back.

We did the Xcaret excursion with Carnival when we went to Cozumel this year. It was a lot of fun. The underwater river was definitely the highlight of the day.

The downside was that food was kind of expensive, so I highly recommend packing some snacks. Also, take plenty of water, because there are no water fountains or any fresh water in the park (other than to purchase).

Here's some pictures.

26746_10100210772392283_5230340_59741091_3461755_n.jpg

26746_10100210772586893_5230340_59741116_6718448_n.jpg

26746_10100210772986093_5230340_59741164_1928925_n.jpg

26746_10100210773040983_5230340_59741171_127217_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived