Timing of shareholder benefits

gbearbuck

You should receive an email in a day or two confirming your shareholder obc. If you don't, send it again. Once I sent it on a Monday and it got lost. The X rep said Mondays are not the best days to send. LOL I always print the confirmation and take it with me on the cruise, but have not needed it. The OBC is always there.

Doris

when you fax your info to RCL, how long does it take before they grant/reject your request? When should I call my TA to determine if I received the obc or not?

Thanks in advance...

Wait about a week after you fax it in just to be safe. It's normally in the system after 3-4 days.

when you fax your info to RCL, how long does it take before they grant/reject your request? When should I call my TA to determine if I received the obc or not?

Thanks in advance...

I think RCL just set a record.

From the time I scanned my stock proof of purchase at 1 pm today to the return email notification from Celebrity that my OBC has been applied: about one hour.

Linda: you're fantastic :D

This will be our first Celebrity cruise and I have a couple of questions regarding RCL stock. Is there a certain amount of the stock that must be bought in order to qualify for an OBC? Do you purchase it from your broker or directly from RCL? I am already receiving a $75.00 OBC from my TA by being placed in a group and I have also used a discount that was available from Celebrity, because of this do you feel that the proof of stock ownership would qualify for another OBC? Can you also tell me what the usual amount of the OBC is for stock owners, and to end these questions, is the stock symble RCL?

Thanks very much for any help that you may be able to give to a new Celebrity cruiser concerning this.

You need 100 shares of RCL and you buy it from your broker, e-trade, wherever you buy stock. However, in your case, since you have obc from a group booking your stock perk would not be combinable. If you had stock you could decide which would be the most credit but it's not worth buying IMO now. Wish I would have bought more when it was down around $5.

I believe the 100 shares of RCL are worth owning only if you cruise enough to absorb any possible price drop. I sold ours when I thought I had purchased enough certificates while on board. A change in plans led me to buy again but it was a good trade. All stock purchases are a gamble... so if you feel lucky and plan to use it more than once, go for it. A longer cruise will be worth $250 in credit, a short cruise only $50.00

I'm also getting an OBC from a travel agency AND the stock credit.

Archived