John Heald likes to help people - subject closed

SATXLady

I don't always read John's Blob but did today. (The one dated Aug 19th http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/08/19/lets-face-it/).

In the Q&A, John made it very clear that he LIKES helping people and is tired of everyone complaining about it.

There are some readers of this blog and of cruise boards who hate the fact that I help people and if there ever was an answer as to why………it’s this.

You are right, many people hate the fact that I try my best to help people. In fact I told one of the 344 Stephanies not to post a comment they had sent me to review from a Cruise Critic member ..., who was really mad about this and said some really nasty things about the people who do ask. Normally I post these but honestly I am fed up with having to defend myself and so I am not going to anymore. This subject is closed.

So, I guess the bottom line is that he likes helping people so if you want to ask, feel free.

Not sure what I would ask him for unless my Mom wants something special on our next cruise but we're both pretty easy going, go-with-the-flow type people. We're just so happy to be on a cruise that we don't worry too much about not getting the exact table we want and since we've never had a problem getting early dining (which we prefer), I just can't think of much to ask for.

John does go on to mention Mach and how to request a reservation for a place at the Chef's Table under the Q&A. Also mentions the Crazies. He sounds found of us, in general, but he's doing things his way (helping people) and if you don't like it, oh well.

Right, lots of things to talk about today and let’s start with a big hello to Host Mach and all my friends on Cruise Critic.

There's more. I encourage you to read it.

I stopped reading it because of all the "gimmes". Why they have to be posted, I'll never know. The only one interested in getting a free cruise because mom died and I didn't have insurance would be the guy whose mom died.

Do exactly what your readers and clientele hate or are irritated by.

Sounds vaguely familiar lately.

I agree - you can't please everyone! Let him help and let people ask for help - not sure why we have to see it on the blog everyday though. You'd think one of the Stephanies would just move those to another area and leave the blog for actual questions etc.! I still love reading it though!

Terry

I agree - you can't please everyone! Let him help and let people ask for help - not sure why we have to see it on the blog everyday though. You'd think one of the Stephanies would just move those to another area and leave the blog for actual questions etc.! I still love reading it though!

Terry

I agree he does not have to post them and if they write please reply one of the Stephanies could email them with the reply. Does make the blog boring. I also hated the Dear John letters from the morning show but he has mostly stopped those. Love hearing about Heidi and Kye and the eccentric passengers on board and he is so funny.

If the subject is closed, why belabor the point with this thread.....

And more to the point, why not close the case for yourself personally and not read the blog, ignore any reference to JH and his activities, and move on?

(And yes, I'm well aware of the irony of myself commenting on self-censorship.)

Archived