Question re: D+ Seating For Production Shows

disfan

A flyer that I received awhile back stated: " Diamond Plus members will now enjoy reserved seating for any of our main production shows".

As I was on the Monarch recently and there was no reserve seating, I assume the statement applies only to the larger ships.

Also what is considered a "main production show"? I'm sailing on the Freedom, in about a week and I was wondering which nights fit into this category.

Thanks.

We were on Monarch in mid July and they did indeed have reserved seating for suite and D+ guests. It's the first raised area in back of the main seating. There is an activities staff person there to check SeaPass cards.

On the Indie, front row seats at the Ice Show. But poorly monitored, so that non-D+ and Suite guests just sat there - we sat elsewhere rather than cause mayhem.

The Theatre seating was the worst in the House. Top balcony - the front row had a rail and glass in front.

On the Brilliance, in the Theatre it was about 5 rows back, centre stalls. Nice.

If you have any questions about the D & D+ benifits onboard, just ask the diamond lounge conceirge or the loyalty embassador. They can tell you what you need to know. It's different on each class of ship depending on their facilities.

The seating areas are clearly marked so you won't have any problems finding them. On the Freedom last week, it was hit and miss on enforcing the seating. No one checking for the pool chairs. Theater and ice show was a little more strict. They checked our cards.

You can't miss the sign.

PatFreedom004.jpg

I think the gold cards are suite guests. We're D+ and three weeks ago on Oasis our cards were not gold. Also, the staff checking people in for the shows didn't seem to have a clue about preferred seating for D+.

I'm sure it's confusing for the crew because the preferred seating is not consistent for D+ and suite guests. Suite guests get preferred seating at the pool, Windjammer, and shows. D+ (as of June 1) get preferred seating only at the shows.

I just returned (today) from the Monarch, August 20 sailing and did not see any reserved seating in the theater or pool deck. Perhaps I simply missed it. We did not have any problem getting seats for any show or by the pool.

There was no mention of reserved seating in the D+ welcome info letter in the cabin. We were among the first passengers to sit by the pool on Friday and did not see any reserved seating.

M

I just returned (today) from the Monarch, August 20 sailing and did not see any reserved seating in the theater or pool deck. Perhaps I simply missed it. We did not have any problem getting seats for any show or by the pool.

There was no mention of reserved seating in the D+ welcome info letter in the cabin. We were among the first passengers to sit by the pool on Friday and did not see any reserved seating.

M

I agree about the pool seating on Monarch, I saw no reserved seating at all near the pool when I was there 3 weeks ago.

However, they certainly did have reserved seating in the theater 3 weeks ago, for both the 3 day and 4 day cruise. Perhaps it has changed since then? Also, I believe only the production shows had the reserved seating. I don't remember seeing the roped off area during the headliner (comedian, juggler, magician, etc.) shows.

Archived