Funchal Madeira - Carros de Cesto - Tobogan Video

Looks like great fun. How much does it cost to do? Are their plenty available on cruiseship days or is there a wait? Would you recommend this for young children (8 & 11), riding with a parent each? Thanks!

It was great fun! I think it was about 40 euros per basket. There is an incredibly long line but boy do they keep it moving! We passed the time by talking to all the other people in line. It was great! I think we waited about 45 minutes. You have to take the cable car up the mountain to Monte first. Children 8 and 11 will love it! Note: This only takes you halfway down the mountain. You will need a taxi to get back down to the bottom or we walked and it was very hot and steep! :D

Hi Trickie Dickie and giginevelyn,

Please, excuse my interference, I just couldn't keep quiet. :D

A Toboggan ride costs 12.50 Euros per person, sharing and there are wicker baskets for either two or three persons.

A lone rider pays 20 Euros.

Hi Trickie Dickie and giginevelyn,

Please, excuse my interference, I just couldn't keep quiet. :D

A Toboggan ride costs 12.50 Euros per person, sharing and there are wicker baskets for either two or three persons.

A lone rider pays 20 Euros.

Thank you for that correction....I was relying on memory which obviously is fading. :D I guess in my mind I was including the price of the cable car as well. Which I believe is 10 euros a person one way.

That's correct, a cable car ride costs 10 Euros per person, one way.

In case you're interested giginevelyn, children from 4 to 14 pay only 5 Euros, for a one way ride on the cable car.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived