Solstice San Juan Segway tour question

SeaGal

My husband and I will be on the Solstice in September and we interested in the Segway tour in San Juan. I hope some recent Solstice cruisers can answer my questions:

1. Do I need to book with Celebrity or can I book directly with the tour company? I think I read something about the company not offering independent tours on days when Celebrity is in port, but I don't know if that is still true.

2. What time are the Celebrity tours offered? I tried to book thru Celebrity, but the only time available is at 5:30, which is later than I wanted and the fort is not included in this tour. Were there other times available and I am just too late to book an earlier excursion?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me.

My husband and I will be on the Solstice in September and we interested in the Segway tour in San Juan. I hope some recent Solstice cruisers can answer my questions:

1. Do I need to book with Celebrity or can I book directly with the tour company? I think I read something about the company not offering independent tours on days when Celebrity is in port, but I don't know if that is still true.

2. What time are the Celebrity tours offered? I tried to book thru Celebrity, but the only time available is at 5:30, which is later than I wanted and the fort is not included in this tour. Were there other times available and I am just too late to book an earlier excursion?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me.

Hi there;

You can only book this tour through Celebrity. I called the company and they would not accept a booking.

There are other tour times available -ours is 2:30 I believe, but they may be sold out. You could call Celebrity and ask to be waitlisted on an earlier tour. What cruise are you on? We are on Sept. 26 and Oct. 3 Solstice.

Good luck with the tour. Enjoy your cruise!

Fran

• 2 months later...

We will be on Celebrity in port from 2 pm - 10 pm. Have been to San Juan before, so, thought the Segways would be something different to do. Since we don't arrive until 2 pm, that knocks out most of the rainforest/zip line excursions that I have found (let me know if I'm incorrect).

Has anyone been on the 5 pm Segway tour where they do not visit the fort? We walked thru the fort on our own last time we were in San Juan so thought maybe we could take the 5 pm and miss that part but wondered what was they put in its place. Thanks!

We did this when we were in SJ 2 years ago and it was fantastic. The guide was very concerned re our ability to use the segways, and there was a short training at the beginning before the trip started. These look much harder than they are to use, and we covered much more ground on them than we would have been able to do on foot. We toured thru town, and to the fort, but not into it, since it was almost closing time. The weather was perfect, and the tour was over too soon :)

For the ladies, if you plan on taking a purse (why do we insist on taking those things??) make sure it will fit across your body since the turning on these segways involves leaning - and without a doubt your purse would be falling off!

You wear helmets and they will lock things in the office while you are gone on the tour if you have stuff with you that you don't want to carry.

Have fun!!

Archived