Anyone seeing any price drops?

dixie54

Booked on Explorer-1/02/11- On Fri. there was a Residency rate drop on their web site- I check every day. We hade a E1 room and upgraded to a D1 and saved $1000. We are from NY but there was quite a few states listed. The same happened last year, it is usually posted about 2 months before final payment. Good Luck to all interested.

how do you check everyday for price drops on your ship? do you just go on rccl and put in the date and ship? I am not leaving until april.

I put info in as if I was booking a new cruise-I always book thru RCCL-when I see drop I call and they make the changes - I am on the Freedom 3/6/11 with Florida relatives and I am checking that cruise, but payment not due till Dec. so I doubt if there will be anything till Oct. as its usually 2 months before final payment. Good luck-

Buckeye State Cruisers, i am doing the Freedom the following week. Were you already passed final payment and was it booked before May 1. in other words are you grandfathered in. I have a call in to my TA, but will have to wait to hear. i'd appreciate the infor before so I have my ducks in a row

Buckeye State Cruisers, i am doing the Freedom the following week. Were you already passed final payment and was it booked before May 1. in other words are you grandfathered in. I have a call in to my TA, but will have to wait to hear. i'd appreciate the infor before so I have my ducks in a row

The original booking date was July 19th, 2010-final payment was due 10/24 now new due date is 10/19. Good Luck.

The info i just sent to you was regarding the 1/02/11 EOS cruise-not the 3/06/11 FOS

We are from NY but there was quite a few states listed. The same happened last year, it is usually posted about 2 months before final payment. Good Luck to all interested.

Where do you see the states listed?:confused:

jcstk, i was asking buckeye state cruisers about the drop they got on the 10/10/10 FOS cruise. I hope that whoever wanted the info gets it. Thanks for answering someone. It's nice to know we can come here and get the info we need

jcstk- I too would like to know where to find the states listed?

On the RCCL website when checking for price drops, put in your state, if there is a drop then you will see "residency discount" next to the lower price for your category

Where do you see the states listed?:confused:

The states were listed on my new booking confirmation. For the EOS 1/02/11 the states listed are: AZ. CA. CT. DC. MA. MD. ME. NC. NH. NJ. NY. OH. PA. RI. TX. VA. VT.

Hope this is helpful to all on this cruise.

I have been checking on the Voyager out of Galveston for February or March and haven't seen one yet! :(

It all depends on how well a cruise is selling. It's a little too soon to see any major price drops. Maybe in a month or two. The majority of our price drops have been shortly before or shortly after the final payment date. Keep watching.

I also see some of my price drops in the 4 - 6 month window, but they frequently raise the price for a while, then lower it below what I paid. Not always, but many of my price drops have occurred in this time frame.

Then, I agree, they drop some more in the 30 - 80 day range.

The fire sales are what most people talk about happening within 30 days of sailing, but that's for ships that aren't filling up.

Archived