Conquest, room servce coffee?

jckvpa0

Am bringing the Black & Decker Brew'N go 15.) oz coffe maker w/ travel mug.

Planning to order morning coffe through room service so I have the cream, sweetner, & cups. Question is if I order coffee for 2,(plan to dump the coffee), how will the coffe come? Will we just get 2 cups filled with coffe or will we get a pot that keeps the coffee warm? Also what do you use for coffee in this maker, have heard that you can buy coffee measured out in little packets for a single serving,( would think you would use 2 for this machine since it is 15.0z) any help would be appreciated!

Actually, the coffee on board the Conquest is pretty decent. We ordered a pot of coffee every morning; and it came in one of those thermal pots with the creamer and sweetner that we requested. We are particular about our coffee too....like the Columbian roasted. Don't know anything about the small coffee maker that you mention.

plan to dump the coffee

Why would you waste Carnival's coffee just to get creamers and sugar packets???:eek:

Just take some from the Lido Deck buffet area to have in your cabin. You can keep the creamers in your ice bucket. Duh.

About your little coffeemaker - it's YOUR machine, didn't instructions come with it?:D

plan to dump the coffee

Why would you waste Carnival's coffee just to get creamers and sugar packets???:eek:

Just take some from the Lido Deck buffet area to have in your cabin. You can keep the creamers in your ice bucket. Duh.

About your little coffeemaker - it's YOUR machine, didn't instructions come with it?:D

First of all I don't have the coffee maker yet, got the name from the boards. The coffe maker only makes 15 oz. Not enough for my husband & I . Am thinking I will have to brew a couple of pots & need somewhere to keep the coffee warm & I'm sure my suite won't have two cups for coffee just sitting in my room. So my problem was, how do I keep my coffee for 2 warm, what do I put it in to drink, & then I also need cream & sugar. Thought the easiest solution would be to order coffee from room service, dump the coffee(if it's as bad as everyone says), & then I have everything I need. Trust me I would love to drink their coffee & not pack that little machine but there is just so much said on these boards about bad coffee. Also, I think I'm paying plenty for that bad coffee & if I feel like dumping it thats my right!:eek:

I have found that the only bad cups of coffee are the ones that have all that cream and sugar in them. :D A really good cup of coffee has a shot of Irish whiskey in it. :) As for keeping it warm just bring some thermos travel cups with you. If you are just needing a cup, you could just get some cups on the Lido deck and take them to your room when you got the sugar and cream, :rolleyes: since you want to ruin that good cup of coffee. :eek:

We were on the Conquest last January and the Coffee was really better then the other ships. We also have a row of balcony's and the first person up orders the first pot's (2) It was really pretty good. Much better then the Destiny.

Maybe they didn't make it as strong.

I think you will be fine with their coffe.. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

Thanks I am hoping it's going to be fine, I'm not that picky about coffee but want to be prepared just in case! There is no way I'm going up to the Lido deck for cups & sugar, I'm on vacation, little pampering is in order.

We ordered coffee every morning and it was good. No need to bring the coffee maker. Cream, sugar, Splenda,etc all came with the pot.

I don't know if was just me but when I went up early and got coffee from the coffee makers on the Lido deck, it was horrible. Don't know what the difference was but it was bad. Might have been the first pot brewed in the morning or maybe just me but other early risers were saying the same thing.

Coffee later in the morning was ok though. Oh well, it was such a small thing we overcame it quickly.

plan to dump the coffee

First of all I don't have the coffee maker yet, got the name from the boards. The coffe maker only makes 15 oz. Not enough for my husband & I . Am thinking I will have to brew a couple of pots & need somewhere to keep the coffee warm & I'm sure my suite won't have two cups for coffee just sitting in my room. So my problem was, how do I keep my coffee for 2 warm, what do I put it in to drink, & then I also need cream & sugar. Thought the easiest solution would be to order coffee from room service, dump the coffee(if it's as bad as everyone says), & then I have everything I need. Trust me I would love to drink their coffee & not pack that little machine but there is just so much said on these boards about bad coffee. Also, I think I'm paying plenty for that bad coffee & if I feel like dumping it thats my right!:eek:

Sorry, and of course you have a right to do whatever. I just don't like to see anything purposefully wasted.:o OK, let's start over:

Why not go to the dining room, get a carafe and two cups and lots of creamers and sugar packets. Take to your cabin, and tell the cabin steward NOT to remove them for the duration of the cruise. (He won't bother them if you ask.) That way, you'll have the carafe to put your own brewed coffee in, etc. :)

Sorry, and of course you have a right to do whatever. I just don't like to see anything purposefully wasted.:o OK, let's start over:

Why not go to the dining room, get a carafe and two cups and lots of creamers and sugar packets. Take to your cabin, and tell the cabin steward NOT to remove them for the duration of the cruise. (He won't bother them if you ask.) That way, you'll have the carafe to put your own brewed coffee in, etc. :)

Sounds like a plan , but I am going to give room service coffee a try first. I really don't want to make my own coffee on vacation & room service is one of my favorite parts of vaca!:D

Archived