Opinions on Coral Breeze Tour Stingray Alley/Caye Caulker?

txyellowrose

I'm trying to decide the best tour for my group of four in Belize. Has anyone done the Coral Breeze Tour Stingray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker? How was the snorkeling? What was the food like if you get the included lunch? Anything to see on Caye Caulker?

Thanks.

Susan

I'm trying to decide the best tour for my group of four in Belize. Has anyone done the Coral Breeze Tour Stingray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker? How was the snorkeling? What was the food like if you get the included lunch? Anything to see on Caye Caulker?

Thanks.

Susan

We have this booked for November. When are you cruising? If after me I will let you know. I was wondering the same thing but decided to go ahead and book. Happy cruising. :)

I tried booking this tour, but they said they would not book this particular one for passengers of NCL Spirit due to tendering issues. They suggested the Snorkel, Manatee, Bannister Island tour, so that is what I went with. Hope you enjoy your tour. That's the one I really wanted, but hopefully, we will enjoy this one.

We booked this tour in 2009 when we were on the Spirit. We ended up missing the tour (they refunded our money with no problems) because it took us sooooo long to get off of the boat in Belize. We ended up doing a ship tour that took us ziplining and it was amazing! We are going to try this tour again when we cruise next year.

We did this tour back in 2005 and loved it. The guides were great and it was my birthday so they let me sit on the top of the boat (where they drive) on the way back and we saw some dolphins playing in our wake, it was great. They were also able to get several nurse sharks around the boat but beware, they do not stay around long, they are shy animals and it seemed like as soon as the motor to the boat was turned off they decided to go away. I did get some great pictures and was able to touch one before they left. The guides had food for the stingrays so there were several of them around. The other snorkel spot was part of the reef and was really pretty. I don't remember what they served for lunch (being it was so long ago) and I am a picky eater so lunch or no lunch does not make me pick a company. As far as Caye Caulker, my husband called it Gilligan's Island - it was very remote.

I would recommend Coral Breeze (as long as they are still providing customer service like they did 5 years ago).

Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...
We did this tour back in 2005 and loved it. The guides were great and it was my birthday so they let me sit on the top of the boat (where they drive) on the way back and we saw some dolphins playing in our wake, it was great. They were also able to get several nurse sharks around the boat but beware, they do not stay around long, they are shy animals and it seemed like as soon as the motor to the boat was turned off they decided to go away. I did get some great pictures and was able to touch one before they left. The guides had food for the stingrays so there were several of them around. The other snorkel spot was part of the reef and was really pretty. I don't remember what they served for lunch (being it was so long ago) and I am a picky eater so lunch or no lunch does not make me pick a company. As far as Caye Caulker, my husband called it Gilligan's Island - it was very remote.

I would recommend Coral Breeze (as long as they are still providing customer service like they did 5 years ago).

Have fun!

Sounds awesome! I really want to do this!!!

Just got back Saturday from this excursion. It was very good. I do recommend buying the lunch with the package deal. It was very worth the $. They have choices and order it before you snorkel so it's ready right when you get to the island. It was really good. We saw so much sea life. The guides fill you in on Belize and it's history. If you want any more info or pics, let me know.

Just got back Saturday from this excursion. It was very good. I do recommend buying the lunch with the package deal. It was very worth the $. They have choices and order it before you snorkel so it's ready right when you get to the island. It was really good. We saw so much sea life. The guides fill you in on Belize and it's history. If you want any more info or pics, let me know.

Pam, did you worry at all about getting back to the ship on time? this is usually not a concern of mine, but I know in Belize you must travel quite a distance to get to the island.We are platinum, so should be able to get on the tenders first but as we all know, Carnival is not very consistent with this from ship to ship. Any input would be appreciated!

pat

We do this Coral Breeze snorkel trip two times a year, Spring & late Fall & the snorkeling is great as is the local lunch on Caye Caulker.

Not much to see there on Caye Caulker but it all will be new to you & should be a ball.

We are planning on another trip with them this Nov.

Have a ball.

Bill in FL

PS; there should be no worries about getting back to the Tourist Village in plenty of time for your last tender. These guys make their living doing this trip on time & in time.

I booked this for three of the six people in my group. Was anyone on the tour that did not snorkel? Their site says you can see directly from the boat, even if you do not snorkel. Was the water really deep where you snorkel? I love the water, but some of the girls I cruise with are afraid of the really deep water. I got them off the boat in StingRay City and they loved it! Thanks for any info you have.

I booked this for three of the six people in my group. Was anyone on the tour that did not snorkel? Their site says you can see directly from the boat, even if you do not snorkel. Was the water really deep where you snorkel? I love the water, but some of the girls I cruise with are afraid of the really deep water. I got them off the boat in StingRay City and they loved it! Thanks for any info you have.

The water will be from 5-10 feet depending on where the captain takes you. We have always been able to stand in the sand at Shark Ray alley

The water was not deep and it was crystal clear. Please encourage them to snorkel. It was so fun. We kept our feet up when snorkeling near the reef..it still wasn't too deep but they didn't want us to touch any of the reef in any way. They give you a life jacket to wear around your waist. You could stand easily when snorkeling near the stingrays. They didn't even give us the fins because we could stand. You could see the stingray clearly before everyone got in the water and stirred things up. We had a couple on our boat that didn't snorkel and just got off at Caye Caulker when our guide placed our food order. They stayed there while we snorkeled and got back on the boat after we all ate lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of booking this tour as well and would love to see some pictures. Did you snorkel in any other port and if so did you find Belize a whole lot better or basically the same? We are snorkeling in Grand Cayman and Roatan and not sure I want to do it yet again but have read Belize is one of the best snorkeling spots.

I really don't think you would enjoy the trip much if you didn't snorkel. The water is clear and we could see stingray before we jumped in but mostly just the outline of them.

I have snorkeled in other ports like Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but not on this cruise. We did a little in Roatan off the beach but that wasn't any good. I would say snorkeling in Belize was comparable to Grand Cayman. The reef was bigger though and we did see more sea life. The boat ride is about 25 min. to the reef. I did hear some guy say he did the excurision through Carnival and didn't see any sea life, just coral..I thought how sad since we saw such pretty fish, shark and stingray. I will upload some pics and put in another post.

I sure hoped this help. This was the first time I had taken underwater pics from a real camera..ha..not disposable..I had borrowed it from my son so really didn't know all the settings. The water was so much prettier than the pictures show.

We were one of the first tender boats off the ship so we had time to shop before going on the excursion and a little more time after.

• 2 weeks later...
I sure hoped this help. This was the first time I had taken underwater pics from a real camera..ha..not disposable..I had borrowed it from my son so really didn't know all the settings. The water was so much prettier than the pictures show.

We were one of the first tender boats off the ship so we had time to shop before going on the excursion and a little more time after.

Thank you very much for posting your pictures. Hubby and I are doing this excursion in a few weeks, and I'm really happy to see that you saw a nurse shark. The main reason we are doing this excursion is to try to see a shark or two.

:)

We are traveling to Belize on the Glory on March 6...want to do the Coral Breeze tour, but need at least 2 more people to join us - they won't take just 2...any takers on this board? I posted on the Glory Roll call, but not many people on it yet...

Archived