Diamond + Bogo @ specialty restaurants

ckrobyn

I assume reservations must be slow the first night since you will have to wait to get the coupon books in your cabins after 1PM.

some have reported on here,they made their ressies ahead of time....some booked for two and then got a refund once at the restaurant..some booked for one and just changed it to two once on board..

I wouldn't bother making a reservation online for the first night. Not necessary. People are under the false impression that these specialty restaurants are always full every night and that's certainly not the case. We've walked up without a reservation and been seated many times.

I resent the fact that it is in the Diamond Plus Booklet.Which means it is for those members only. Not for platinum or Diamond. But all ready there are persons who want to take in lower level persons. They should check at the door your cards and Say Diamond Plus members One free meal. Sorry lower level persons you have to pay for both your meals. The final charge on the bill will be for 3 persons. I have always played by the rules and now feel like the fool for doing so.

I resent the fact that it is in the Diamond Plus Booklet.Which means it is for those members only. Not for platinum or Diamond. But all ready there are persons who want to take in lower level persons. They should check at the door your cards and Say Diamond Plus members One free meal. Sorry lower level persons you have to pay for both your meals. The final charge on the bill will be for 3 persons. I have always played by the rules and now feel like the fool for doing so.

Oh please....the coupon is for a DP guest who can take and pay for whoever they want..........says right on the coupon,ONE guest needs to be DP,not all.......

I wouldn't bother making a reservation online for the first night. Not necessary. People are under the false impression that these specialty restaurants are always full every night and that's certainly not the case. We've walked up without a reservation and been seated many times.

Do you think with this new coupon,there will be as much availability the first night??

Do you think with this new coupon,there will be as much availability the first night??

There are not that many Diamond Plus members. On our last cruise on Explorer I think there were 34 out of 3300 total passengers. Plus from the responses on this thread you can see many people enjoy eating in the main dining room on the first night. I would think provided you're not picky about the specific time that you eat, I would still think using the coupon on the first night without an online reservation wouldn't be a problem. Of course if it's a concern then by all means make a reservation.

Did someone put brambles in your oatmeal this morning, puppy? :eek: :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Am I missing something here? The D+ Member gets a coupon to buy one cover get another free. If a D+ and and first timer walk in to a specialty restaurant and they use the coupon, what is wrong with that?

There are not that many Diamond Plus members. On our last cruise on Explorer I think there were 34 out of 3300 total passengers. Plus from the responses on this thread you can see many people enjoy eating in the main dining room on the first night. I would think provided you're not picky about the specific time that you eat, I would still think using the coupon on the first night without an online reservation wouldn't be a problem. Of course if it's a concern then by all means make a reservation.

First of course,I'll have to make a reservation on a ship that has Chops or Portofino.:)........nothing in my immediate future:(:(

Give me a break. I'm often amazed at the petty jealousy on this board.

scan0001.jpg?t=1277829769

States right on the coupon Only one guest needs to be a Diamond Plus member. So I guess I am totally missing your point.:rolleyes:

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

What? 3 meals? :confused: Card at the door?

1. It is not an exclusive club - there is no need to card at the door

2. It is BOGO ... so where do you come up with 3 meals?

It is a free meal for the D+ so he/she is choosing to pay for the "lower level"

So with your logic, a married couple where one is D and one is D+ having a nice meal together are "breaking the rules" ... which isn't even true as already mentioned (coupon says ONE person has to be D+)

Of course, maybe you think those people shouldn't be married ... some people think it is wrong to marry beneath your "class" ;)

I too love meeting my wait staff the first night so I think I'll make a reservation for 7 but go to the MDR first at 6:30 or whenever main seating is to say "Hi, we'll be here tomorrow, nice to meet you today!"

Thats a great idea! We have been doing MTD so no need to go there first.

Laura

You resent the fact that, RCI, allow a D+ loyalty member to dine in a fee based resturant on a night it is usually empty and bring a guest for free, or do you resent the fact that some D+ members are not only dining in a fee based resturant on a night it is usually empty and bringing a guest for free, but have the nerve to actually read the coupon and bring with them one of those lower level people, as allowed by the coupon.

As a previous Lower level person, who has now pulled themselves up to a higher level, your post not only astounds me, but I find it offensive to the majority of cruisers who have not YET reached D+ status

Archived