Best specialty restaurant on equinox

I'mGrammy

Murano's is hands down the best specialty restaurant. The service and food are on par with a fine restaurant. Tuscan Grille is good if you like steak and Silk Harvest offers a nice change of pace. The only other specialty restaurant in the Solstice class that gives Murano's a run for its money is Qsine. Unfortunately, it is only available on the Eclipse

I agree that Muranos is an amazing experience, but the most memorable resteraunt for food and experience was Silk Harvest. The use of squid ink in the sushi was a nice effect and the table placement presentations were immaculate. The sushi was easily the bet vie had in years. I would not return to the Tuscan Grill again.

Our home resteraunt was Blu and two experiences in there make it a winner - our first night out I ordered a martini and the sommelier took the time to go down on one knee and discuss exactly how I prefer to prepare my martinis at home to ensure it was done right (it was done right!)

The second event at Blu involved my allergy to nuts. Whereas at the Tuscan Grill they confiscated my bread basket and refused me dessert out of (their ) fear for my safety, at Blu the manager came over to me and apologized for the lack of full selection and then let me know the next day he would sit with the head chef and ensure every item in each course with be fully nut free so that I could have a 100% choice in anything or everything I wanted at the resteraunt the next evening.

I enjoyed all of the specialty restaurants immensely. Silk Harvest would be my least favorite; while the food and service were very good, the meal was just not that special. I can obtain a similar meal in Chicago for the same price. Tuscan Grille and Murano both provide high end dining experiences. Murano has more of a romantic, fine dining type experience whereas Tuscan Grill is akin to a steakhouse - though with plenty of other options. I highly suggest trying all of them, but at least try both Murano and Tuscan.

Bistro on 5 is a great deal as well; very tasty meal and dessert crepes.

We loved Tuscan Grill, Muranos' would be our second choice. The service at Tuscan was more "hands on" they explained each course choice & were very helpful with wine pairing within our budget. Really was a very memorable experience for us. At home, we love asian food, however, Silk Harvest was just not our cup of tea for the price.

I just returned from the Equinox. I think Silk Harvest was $25, Tuscan Grille $30, and Murano $35. Bistro on Five is $5 and speciality coffees and teas (along with free pastry) are available st Cafe al Bacio for about $4 each.

Personally I would not spend my money again on a specialty restaurant. Surprisingly, the one I thought I would like least because of all the Oriental food we eat at home, turned out to be my favorite. Silk Harvest has some familiar dishes and some more exotic Singaporean foods that are very tasty. They are excited about their food and want you to try everything. All that said, the MDR was so good I would not book another speciality restaurant.

We went to Tuscan Grill twice, once with our daughter and son-in-law, and then again with a large group when they renewed their vows onboard. I found nothing special about Tuscan Grill except that the grappa at the end of the meal was very smooth for only $6 per glass. Maybe if you're a big steak fan it would be worth it, but not to me.

After these experiences, I cancelled my reservation for Murano (which was already paid) and spent the next few nights trying to get a refund from the ship (which finally happened).

Murano is Tops but we enjoyed the Tuscan on our past 2 sailings. On a longer sailing silk is a great change of pace!

Bistro on five is a great spot for embarkation day or late snack!!! ( and for the people complaining about the cover charge at Bistro??? We enjoy escaping there from you :) haha)

Can't wait to try Quisine in March

I just returned from the Equinox. I think Silk Harvest was $25, Tuscan Grille $30, and Murano $35. Bistro on Five is $5 and speciality coffees and teas (along with free pastry) are available st Cafe al Bacio for about $4 each.

Personally I would not spend my money again on a specialty restaurant. Surprisingly, the one I thought I would like least because of all the Oriental food we eat at home, turned out to be my favorite. Silk Harvest has some familiar dishes and some more exotic Singaporean foods that are very tasty. They are excited about their food and want you to try everything. All that said, the MDR was so good I would not book another speciality restaurant.

We went to Tuscan Grill twice, once with our daughter and son-in-law, and then again with a large group when they renewed their vows onboard. I found nothing special about Tuscan Grill except that the grappa at the end of the meal was very smooth for only $6 per glass. Maybe if you're a big steak fan it would be worth it, but not to me.

After these experiences, I cancelled my reservation for Murano (which was already paid) and spent the next few nights trying to get a refund from the ship (which finally happened).

Thank you very much! My boyfriend would eat steak every day if he could, good to know Tuscan Grill would be a good choice for him!

Archived