Too early to book?

igo2travel

I've been looking at hotels and frankly going nuts. There are hotels that show no availability. I am looking at booking 9 months out, which is that too soon? I mean, is there really no availability, or is it because it is Jazz Fest weekend and any reasonably priced rooms are already gone and we won't get anything reasonably priced?

I've been looking at hotels and frankly going nuts. There are hotels that show no availability. I am looking at booking 9 months out, which is that too soon? I mean, is there really no availability, or is it because it is Jazz Fest weekend and any reasonably priced rooms are already gone and we won't get anything reasonably priced?

What dates are you coming in? I just searched and there are rooms available the night before your cruise. Pricey, but there are rooms.

I'm just surprised that I'm finding some hotels already booked. Royal Sonesta has no rooms left for 05-05-11 - 05-08-11, Frenchman has a couple, but I'm afraid that's further than where I want to be. Princ Conti no rooms. Le Pavillion has rooms for $520 a night. :eek:

Just the ones that are reasonably priced are limited. Just surprising to me. The Holiday Inn Express is available at $140, so I think I'm just going to book with them and wait and see if something better comes along, but wanting to save money for excursions and knowing we won't spend too much time in our hotel anyway, this seems like a good location and value.

I'm just surprised that I'm finding some hotels already booked. Royal Sonesta has no rooms left for 05-05-11 - 05-08-11, Frenchman has a couple, but I'm afraid that's further than where I want to be. Princ Conti no rooms. Le Pavillion has rooms for $520 a night. :eek:

Just the ones that are reasonably priced are limited. Just surprising to me. The Holiday Inn Express is available at $140, so I think I'm just going to book with them and wait and see if something better comes along, but wanting to save money for excursions and knowing we won't spend too much time in our hotel anyway, this seems like a good location and value.

That's what I would do - book something you can live with and cancel without penalty later, while shopping around. The rates look obscene - there must be something more than Jazzfest going on.

Archived