Queen Mary 2 Swimming Pools

hurwitz5

We will be sailing on the QM2 to New England/Canada, leaving Brooklyn, NY on September 3rd. How many swimming pools are on the ship, and where are they located (deck numbers, please)? Are there any indoor pools? Can everyone use all the pools, or are some restricted by sailing category or use of the Canyon Ranch Spa? We are hoping to use an indoor pool during our cruise.

Deck 12 by stairway B is Pavillion Pool which is indoor with sliding roof and is used by all, they don't open the roof much on Transatlantics and Deck 8 at the stern is an open air pool that is adult only. There is a bubble pool in the Spa on Deck 7 which you can swim in although it is small and you pay $40 a day to use spa.

I hate to doubt the Captain, but I think I saw children in the deck 8 pool and I think there is also a small pool on deck 13?

Unless it was the effects from the banana chocolate drink at the Pavillion Pool....

I hate to doubt the Captain, but I think I saw children in the deck 8 pool and I think there is also a small pool on deck 13?

Unless it was the effects from the banana chocolate drink at the Pavillion Pool....

The Deck 8 pool has a board that states Over 18s only, but on a TA people aren't queueing up to use it. The minnows pool is part of the Kids Play Zone and there is a splash pool on Deck 13. Sorry to only mention the bigger ones.

My Cunard cruises brochure shows a "Minnows Pool" aft on Deck 6, a pool aft on deck 8, the indoor/outdoor pool midships on deck 12 and a Splash Pool on Deck 13.

Splash pool on deck 13 is about 6"-9" deep. Great fot the little ones.

We are Platinum world club members and have been on numerous QM2 cruises including the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Northern Europe, and Atlantic crossings. And we have never seen the roof open over the Pavillion Pool, no matter what the weather was outside. Why even have a sliding roof when you are never going to open it?

Archived