Solstice and Toddlers....need advice!

mringenoldus

We will be traveling with one-year-old identical twins! These are the youngest children we've taken on a cruise.

I found the following information on Celebrity's site:

Toddler Time for children under age 3

Toddler time allows parents and toddlers to interact with other children their age. Staff members provide suitable toys for this age group, including LeapFrog® interactive toys. In accordance with USPH policies and standards, Celebrity has provided each ship with lavatory-based changing tables and baby wipes. Children participating in organized events must be fully potty trained; however, you can accompany your child to any organized activity if they're not.

In searching older posts, people were saying that the smaller children weren't allowed to participate with the Fun Factory activities. The statement above makes it appear that they may as long as the parent is present.

Are the twins allowed in the family pool if in swimmer diapers? (the website says no - some CC posters said yes) Is there a special pool by the Fun Factory for children on Solstice? Can they use the Wet Zone?

Are the "pack and play" cribs provided? Are there high chairs or boosters in the MDR?

In searching older posts, people were saying that the smaller children weren't allowed to participate with the Fun Factory activities. The statement above makes it appear that they may as long as the parent is present.

We were only allowed to participate in "Toddler Time", but not on any of the Fun Factory organized activities. "Toddler Time" was (on the Summit) basically a room with lots of toys for your toddlers to play with, but you (or another adult from your group) has to be with them and entretain them, it's not a babysitting service of any kind, and there will not be staff to play with them. I agree with you that the post on X website is confusing.

Are the "pack and play" cribs provided? Are there high chairs or boosters in the MDR?

The pack and plays will be provided, as well as high chairs in the MDR/buffet.

A diaper is a diaper whether or not it has a fancy name. Non-toilet trained toddlers are not allowed in the pool with diapers. Please respect that rule.
You also cannot take the diaper off and take the baby in the pool in just a swim suit as I have seen several people do.:eek:

others

I never gave any indication that I was interested in violating a policy - not sure why I should receive such chastizing statements

I don't think those chastising were meant for you, just a matter of frustration toward others who see no need to follow the rules. It is always infuriating when you go up to the pool to swim and find out they had to close it and sanitize it because someone thought that it wasn't a big deal to take their diapered child into the pool.

dalitos

Thanks for the helpful response!

others

I never gave any indication that I was interested in violating a policy - not sure why I should receive such chastizing statements

Only because we have seen it happen so often and the pool has to be closed. Don't mean to sound insensitive but a lot of people think rules are made for others. :o

The twins will have plenty of beach time and will hopefully be allowed in the water spray area.

I have another question!!!!

If a one-year-old does not have a passport, what is required in addition to their birth certificates? Will they need to get state ID cards since they have no school photo ID?

The twins will have plenty of beach time and will hopefully be allowed in the water spray area.

If a one-year-old does not have a passport, what is required in addition to their birth certificates? Will they need to get state ID cards since they have no school photo ID?

Birth certificates are enough. Getting passports for your twins is also a good idea and they will be good for 5 years. That's what I did for my three kids since we knew that we would be traveling a great deal.

Birth certificates are enough. Getting passports for your twins is also a good idea and they will be good for 5 years. That's what I did for my three kids since we knew that we would be traveling a great deal.

I would strongly suggest getting passports for your kids, although not always required it makes life easier all around and they are much more durable than BCs.

One piece of advice, when you go get the kids passports, BOTH parents must be present or you must have a notarized statement of consent stating the other parent says it is ok. There are also special rules for single parents where the other parent is deceased, unknown etc that would have to be followed if that were the case.

B.

B

I would strongly suggest getting passports for your kids, although not always required it makes life easier all around and they are much more durable than BCs.

One piece of advice, when you go get the kids passports, BOTH parents must be present or you must have a notarized statement of consent stating the other parent says it is ok. There are also special rules for single parents where the other parent is deceased, unknown etc that would have to be followed if that were the case.

B.

B

Yes, that's what I also suggested in my post but the OP was actually asking If the twins did not have a passport, would BCs be enough and I answered that they were indeed enough (but suggested to her that getting passports for her twins would be a good idea).

Archived