Pride of America-alcohol in room

thecruiser85

Can you drink alcoholic beverages in your room on POA? Did I read somewhere that there is some type of law that prohibits this in Hawaii? Can you take drinks to your room?

If I remember correctly you can't bring alcohol on board - it will be confiscated. Can't vouch for that though since we did not even try.

The staterooms have little fridges that are stocked with those expensive travel-size bottles of booze and wine. You can take drinks from the bars to the room and I know the bars even deliver during events such as the lava sailby and the NaPali Coast sailby.

You cannot order bar setups in your cabins on the POAm

You cannot bring your own alcohol (except wine) on the POAm

You can bring wine on board and pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee and enjoy your wine anyplace on the ship.

You can bring all the bottled water and soda that you want on board with you to enjoy in your cabin or anyplace.

You can purchase alcohol at many bars/lounges and in the dinning rooms on board. You can then take those drinks back to your cabin if you want.

They do have an "honor bar" set-up in the refridgerators when you arrive with overpriced soda, candy and the little alcohol bottles. If you drink it, they will charge you and replace it.

If you don't want to use the honor bar and would rather use the fridge for your own items, then simply tell the room steward that you wish it removed. (this is espcially important if you have kids who might secretly snag a candy bar or a soda.)

They room stewards may try to talk you out of removing the stuff from the fridge and may even refuse at first.... but they have to do it. If they continue to refuse or make a big deal about it, ask to talk to their supervisor about having it removed.... it will be removed very quickly then. (and you won't even have to talk to the supervisor....)

My husband and I were on the Pride of America on the 8/7/10 sailing for our honeymoon. Our parents and travel agent had bought us bottles of wine through NCL, which were waiting in our cabin along with two glasses and a corkscrew. We brought both bottles to different dinners, and had no problems taking the unfinished bottles back to the rooms. We did have to ask for fresh glasses from the bar, but that was no big deal either.

Like other posters said, you can't bring alcohol onto the ship. I've heard of people smuggling alcohol in travel-size toiletry containers, but we didn't bother with that.

Archived