Blue Lagoon is closed the day I am in Bahamas, what else can I do that is similar??

rene194215

I have an email that the beach will be closed the day I am in Nassau. (sept 28th) what else can I do that is kind of similar to that? I made the reservation a couple months ago now they are closed???

Thanks in advance!

Not quite as nice, but Sun Cay (used to be called pearl island) is a small private island with stingrays

http://suncaybahamas.com/

Blackbeards has a beautiful large beach.. you can find the url online.. (im not on my computer with links)

Not quite as nice, but Sun Cay (used to be called pearl island) is a small private island with stingrays

http://suncaybahamas.com/

Blackbeards has a beautiful large beach.. you can find the url online.. (im not on my computer with links)

Thanks I will check it out! Another question, is there any beaches that have a lot of seashells? My mom like to collect them and does not like to actually lay on the beach (just found this out this past week when we went to Cape Cod!) She perferes to walk and look for shells!

Thanks I will check it out! Another question, is there any beaches that have a lot of seashells? My mom like to collect them and does not like to actually lay on the beach (just found this out this past week when we went to Cape Cod!) She perferes to walk and look for shells!

no, not really, the island is surrounded by reefs, so there's no much on our shores. You can purchase them from locals that sell them on the dock. If she Does happen to find one, it can't have any animal or debris in it or it's won't clear customs.. also.. it will stink.. big time.. one it's out of the water for awhile.

Buy a clean one and enjoy.

scubagirrl- (or anyone else!!) can you advise on which one of these may be a better fit for my situation. I found these on Island Marketing LTD. I know you can get a day pass for the BCH by going there but not sure about the Paradise Island. Which one would be better for walking the beach and dipping in the water? As I mentioned my mom does not like to lay out and needs something to keep her occupied a bit. (she is not a swimmer either so snorkling is out!)

Thanks!!!!!

Paradise Island Resort All Inclusive Day Pass

British Colonial Hilton Day Pass

scubagirrl- (or anyone else!!) can you advise on which one of these may be a better fit for my situation. I found these on Island Marketing LTD. I know you can get a day pass for the BCH by going there but not sure about the Paradise Island. Which one would be better for walking the beach and dipping in the water? As I mentioned my mom does not like to lay out and needs something to keep her occupied a bit. (she is not a swimmer either so snorkling is out!)

Thanks!!!!!

Paradise Island Resort All Inclusive Day Pass

British Colonial Hilton Day Pass

Ok so the Paradise Island is out! But any other ideas? Thanks again! I feel stuck now because Blue Lagoon seems to have other things to do and see.....

Rene, I was in the same boat as you...wanting to go to Blue Lagoon on a Thursday when we were to be in Nassau...what I found out was...that Carnival offers an excursion to Blue Lagoon if you book it with them....it's my thinking... and I'm not sure.... but It would seem that perhaps Carnival has "reserved" the island for those days so that their cruisers can purchase the excursion and go to the Blue Lagoon island that way...

that's just my thought... I'll repost if I find out either way! ;)

Archived