new to celebrity

wannatan

Hi everyone we will be going on Celebrity constellation but not until dec 2011! have booked concierge class cabin on a c2 grade.

Any info regarding this ship/cruise line/concierge class would be very very helpful. Have only travelled on Princess before.

Cruise is going around the Caribbean and departs on New Years Eve from fort laud.

Thanks.

Jane

WELCOME to Celebrity. You will LOVE Celebrity. I will let you know all the great stuff about the Connie as soon as we get off our Connie cruise (REALLY DEPRESSING THOUGHT) We board her for a Med cruise in 10 days YIPPEE!! :p:p

You will hate Celebrity. Best thing you can do is give me your tickets so you won't have to endure it! I will take care of the tips!

Just kidding of course. If you can swing it, go for a C1 cabin on the rear of the ship. Huge balcony almost as big as your cabin. I just checked and 8185 is available. Definitely worth it for a 14 day cruise.

Also look for 6143 and 6144.. We love the aft, but love those rooms more. 6143 and 6144 are sandwiched between suites on the 6th deck. While the balcony is ONLY about 3x as deep as a normal balcony (aft cabins are about 4x as deep) you get an extra 10-12 inches of room width. That extra width really does get noticed when walking past the foot of the bed. Check out our pics for both sets of the rooms. FYI - Millennium, Infinity, Constellation and Summit are sister ships so they are laid out the same way.

Millennium 2004 - Standard room (look at the at sea pics for room pics)

Constellation 2005 - Aft Room 9162 (wouldn't do 9th deck aft anymore, you get junk that blows off of the bar at the back of the ship)

Millennium 2007 and Summit 2009 - 6143 side. Great room. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the info about the cabins. We have booked C2 8100 should i change it ? Was always told to avoid each end for cabins an go for the middle, something to do with a more comfortable crossing. I have read load of people tho go for the aft cabins why?

WELCOME to Celebrity. You will LOVE Celebrity. I will let you know all the great stuff about the Connie as soon as we get off our Connie cruise (REALLY DEPRESSING THOUGHT) We board her for a Med cruise in 10 days YIPPEE!! :p:p

Thankyou, any info will be most welcome. English brochure is not the best for pics etc;)

Thanks for the info about the cabins. We have booked C2 8100 should i change it ? Was always told to avoid each end for cabins an go for the middle, something to do with a more comfortable crossing. I have read load of people tho go for the aft cabins why?

I always book aft cabins when they are available to get the bigger balcony and the great view to both sides. This was really the best way to go in Alaska. I would avoid cabins at the very front of the ship which definitely move more in rough seas. In my opinion, aft cabins have no more up and down motion than the center of the ship since the propellers are at the back of the ship. You can understand this if you ever had a power boat where the back of the boat had less motion when the boat was moving at full speed. As far as side to side motion, aft or front makes no difference but lower decks have less rocking motion. Today's ships are so large and well stabilized that unless you experience really rough seas it will not make much difference. In really rough seas the whole ship will be rocking and rolling so again it won't make much difference.

Archived