Carnival Legend review 8-15-10 to 8-22-10 AMAZING! (LONG)

ssatterly

Welcome back (sorry you had to go back to work.....) and I too am very much looking forward to your review. We just today booked the Legend for January and we are excited to go on a new class of ship and going to some new ports of call. And congrats on the weight loss also! That takes a lot of effort!!!

I just had a great time touring the "Legend" with you folks. Can't believe you were alble to hit the whole ship before you sailed. Hope I live long enough to reach VIP status or maybe win the lottery, or my children will buy me a suite.:eek:

Thanks again for the review.:)

Great review so far! Thanks for taking the time! :) and like everyone else has said, congrats on the weight loss!!!

How do you sign up for the mixologist contest? My sister is a bartender and she is very creative so I thought that would be perfect for her. Any tips on how to get picked? Where do you sign up? Thanks!! :)

Great pics! Some of the best I have seen, you did a really good job getting lots of different places on the ship. Loved the ones of your cabin and balcony. We ALMOST took the 2 cabins right next door but.... decided against it, too far of a walk for a few in my group - your pics made me sorry we had to turn them down. Next time!

Looking forward to more! (and congrats on the weight loss, that's amazing!)

Great review so far! Thanks for taking the time! :) and like everyone else has said, congrats on the weight loss!!!

How do you sign up for the mixologist contest? My sister is a bartender and she is very creative so I thought that would be perfect for her. Any tips on how to get picked? Where do you sign up? Thanks!! :)

at the sail a way part you just filled out a paper and hope that you get picked. They only pick 5. some how my DH got one of the spots. Pretty cool.

Susie . . . looked at your pictures . . . you love taking them as much as I do . . .they are GREAT! First, I have to say what a lovely couple and second, you have a picture of a wedding cake . . . what can you tell me about it? Was it just a display or was there a wedding? Could you tell if it was from the ship or brought on? Did you notice anything that you could tell me? We are celebrating our 40th anniversary with a vow renewal on the Spirit next summer and would love to order a cake. The more info I have the more I will be able to tell the Wedding department what I want. Thanks a lot! Keep the review coming . . . can't wait!

Susie . . . looked at your pictures . . . you love taking them as much as I do . . .they are GREAT! First, I have to say what a lovely couple and second, you have a picture of a wedding cake . . . what can you tell me about it? Was it just a display or was there a wedding? Could you tell if it was from the ship or brought on? Did you notice anything that you could tell me? We are celebrating our 40th anniversary with a vow renewal on the Spirit next summer and would love to order a cake. The more info I have the more I will be able to tell the Wedding department what I want. Thanks a lot! Keep the review coming . . . can't wait!

That was for a wedding that was on the ship. It was made by Carnival amd it was so pretty. But other than that I really do no tknow much about it. It looked very good and nice.

There is now a link in my sig with pics. I am working on adding more. Day 3 which is Grand Cayman comming up tommrow. Still trying to get back into the swing of things, today was my 1st day back to work. Yuck!

Ha Ha...you got a pic of what I think was the first night in the main dining room, and I see my table and family. It's making me miss the ship.:D

Great review so far, keep going!

Maybe I'll give a shot at doing a quickie review this weekend.

My DH and I looked at the pics last night in anticipation of our cruise on Sept 5th. He kept saying "She takes pictures like you do" LOL....meaning lots and lots, and of many different angles of things. I totally enjoyed them (and yes I had to agree with him, I probably could have taken any one of those pics)

Waiting semi-patiently for more :-)

What a great review. We are in that cabin in 2 weeks. Did I see right that the bedroom is separate?? Does not say anything on the Carnival web site about that.

Yes in cabin 4228 the bed room is a spearte room from the rest of the cabin....I miss it already! You will so enjoy it.

8-17-2010 Tuesday Grand Cayman

We were to arrive in Grand Cayman at 7am so we had room service delivered at 6:30am. It was right on time. And it tasted so good after a great night’s sleep. So we ate and got showers and got ready for the day. We had the 4x4 jeep, with lunch tour booked thru Carnival. We were to meet at the pier at 8:30. So we got in the line for the tender at about 7:30 or so we were able to get on the 1st tender off of the ship. When we got over to the Island we walked around a bit and just chilled I then wanted my DH to put some sun screen on me and at that point we realized we had left it in our cabin. So we had to buy a bottle, it was like $8 not too bad I guess. So after we bought it we stepped outside and put it on each other so we did not burn.

We ten went over and waited for our tour to start. We were all lead to air conditioned bus, once we were all seated and ready to go we were taken to the starting point of our tour. We were all made to fill out a safety wavers, you know in case we wreck the jeep and die kind of thing. Lol There were 4 people to each jeep and we were put with a very nice couple from New York. My husband and the other husband wanted to drive the jeep so they took turns. Me and the other wife did not want to drive, we were just happy to be riding. My husband started out driving and we drove all around town and down to the area with lots of mangroves in them, and over some pretty rough and gravel roads. It was really fun then the road turned from gravel to sand and we ended up on a very small beach type area were we all got out and were told storied about Grand Cayman and got to take some very nice photo’s. We got back into the jeep and drove back into the mangroves and my DH then got our jeep stuck into a sand bar. It was fun for him getting us unstuck. We then drove to the rum cake factory to taste the rum cake and rum if we wanted. We tried all the rum cake but not the rum. We got some great photos in the back of the factory with awesome views. My DH at this point gave up his driver’s seat for the other husband in the group. We then drove to Hell. Well if you have been there you know it’s really not a whole lot, but it’s still kind of cool at the same time, we took photo’s here and mailed some post cards and such. Along the drive we saw iguana’s on the side of the road and on some of the roof’s of the houses we drove past. After we left hell we drove to a part of seven mile beach that was called tiki beach. I must say it was breath taking. We then were given vouchers for our beach chairs, drinks, lunch and admission to the beach. We had our choice of rum punch or fruit punch. So we took our fruit punch and headed to find the perfect chair and spot on the beach. We were in heaven we swam a bit waiting for lunch to be ready. As we were swimming there were a few people who were complaining that they didn’t feel it was a real beach because there were rocks in the water. Common people they were not rocks they were coral and you are in paradise. Nothing to complain about. It was now lunch time, lunch which was included was some salads, baked beans, pasta salad, cheese burgers, hot dogs and a great barbeque chicken with sweet tea. Very good. So after we ate we had about another hour to enjoy the beach.

Then it was time to head back to town for shopping. We really were not going to buy much here because we were just here this past December as well. But we did go in the shops and look. Well we ended up in a few jewelry stores and I found a set that was so pretty. It has a ring, earrings and a necklace. It is sterling silver, tanzanite and opal. I didn’t really want to spend the money but my DH bought it anyway. There are photos of it in the link of my signature. It is so pretty. I just love it. It was about time at that point to get into the line for the tender back to the ship. That’s always a sad time but we still had 3 days of wonderful ports to visit.

Once back on the ship we went to the future cruise presentation to try to win some OBC, our name didn’t get picked. Oh well. Well at least us going to this my DH decided he wanted to cruise again so we bought a FCC and we have decided our next cruise will be to Bermuda, now we just got to wait to be able to get our dates lined up. It was now time to get ready for dinner; after all it had been like 2 hours since we ate. Lol

So after dinner we went to the Motown and More show in the main lounge. It had a Motown singer by the name of Marcus Anthony he has opened for many great performers in the past. At one point in the show he picked 3 couples to dance on stage while he was signing. My DH and I got picked to do it. I was hoping for a ship on a stick again. Well you guessed no ship on a stick. Dang it. Maybe just maybe one day I will get one. But we did get a bottle of Champagne but we don’t drink. So we brought it home and it is now on display as a memory of our great trip. We then decided to try bingo. Well that was a bust too, one number away. Dang it all we have had no luck this cruise. LoL. We then decided to call it an early night as we were very tried and just wanted to rest. We then headed to our cabin to spend some nice time on our balcony. We just sat out there and talked about our day and what more was to come during the week. Oh how I miss that awesome balcony…

You were lucky -

Legend – week of August 15th cruise –

Can anyone tell me ‘WHY’ someone would need to turn the balcony light on every time they went on the balcony and sometimes leave it on ALL NIGHT? I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt they didn’t know it was annoying as h-e-l-l and ruined our view of the ocean and moon light on the waves while in our state room or when we were on our balcony just relaxing, BUT EVERY NIGHT AT 2 A.M. (rest of the post under Balcony Light)

Also, wife and I got food poisoning in Rortan was out of sorts the rest of the cruise. (can't blame Carnival for that)

Found it annoying how many parents let their kids play on the elevators or run down the halls and play tag on the ship - talking about 5 to 10 year olds.

Last time we went on a cruise was 15 years ago, cruising has changed, I guess I'm just getting old. I knew about the charges for soda's, so that wasn't a surprise, what hit me was the lack of day time in between and late night food selections - cruises used to be an eat fest - not as much anymore. I was disappointed with the overall experience. Next time I guess I'll need to find a cruise, suited for the 50 and above crowd or go in winter when the kids are in school. (my mistake for planning now).

I wasn't impressed with the overall experience. I have a lot of other little 'pet peeves' but I'll keep them to myself - I know how touchy some folks get here on the boards about 'complaining' about a cruise and the need to justify, so......If you were happy with your experience - congrats.

Archived