Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Other than the Lido doors to the top of the bridge, I love that one, my best secret is Apricot Horseshoes (pastry) in the International Cafe. Only available every other day, I swear next time I'm taking a shopping bag down there and, holding it open, saying "Filler up!":D

Princess advertises a wine bar on the Island Princess...this must be a great secret, as no one else seems to have heard of it. Any secrets to divulge on this subject??
On the Grand class ships Vines is on the Plaza deck. The Patisserie/bar is there on the Island/Coral. Perhaps they offer a selection of wines by the glass. We love the International Cafe on the Grand class ships and stopped by the Patisserie to try to get a pastry fix on our recent Alaskan cruise on the Coral. The selection was so poor we never stopped by again.

Maybe most seasoned cruisers know this but I didn't until recently. The water on the ship is filtered, you can fill your portable water bottle pretty much anywhere on the ship. This is what all the staff drink as well, you don't see them buying bottled water:D Fill your water bottle (s) before going on your shore excursion as well.

We had water and lemon with every dinner, it is a refreshing palate cleaner at the end of each meal and doesn't cost anything. Every once in a while I like to splurge on a sparkling water though:)

On the smallest ships (Pacific, Ocean, Royal) the buffet turns into the "Bistro" at night (expect on port days) and you can dine casually (even in shorts) there but you can also order off the MDR menu if you wish so you don't have to miss any meals if you don't feel like dressing!

My step-daughter found this tip out in July. She was feeling a bit sea sick, so she ate an apple. A waiter told her it would help her stomach feel better and not so queasy.

Green apples are supposed to be better than ginger for motion sickness, it has to be green!

Green apples are supposed to be better than ginger for motion sickness, it has to be green!

Green apples? Hmmmmmm?

Never been sick, the rougher it is, well, just rocks me to sleep.

Anyway, an old Montauk fisherman told his clients to bring

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They stick with you, or stick you

together.

:cool::cool:

Green apples? Hmmmmmm?

Never been sick, the rougher it is, well, just rocks me to sleep.

Anyway, an old Montauk fisherman told his clients to bring

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They stick with you, or stick you

together.

:cool::cool:

Yes green apples, a secret from the staff of the Pacific Princess that I learned last year! :D

I've been trying to think of a secret that hasn't been brought up yet, I think this one is a new one:

On the Caribbean Princess, it might be the same on other ships, the elevators make a different sound then they arrive, depending on if they are going up or down. It's helpful when you're waiting for the mid-ship elevators where there are 6 of them, and cannot watch them all.

On the CB, they go "ding-dong" when going up, and "ding" when going down. :)

Speaking of elevators, there were two sets of aft and mid-ship elevators, and the call buttons only work on one set, so you would need to push the buttons on both sets to "double your chances" of catching the next elevator. The only problem with everyone doing this is that the elevators are always stopping on empty floors.

Sue

Here's another "secret" that I don't recall reading.

This is a variation on the red/blue rug secret in case you forget which color is means what. This may only work on the Caribbean Princess, but the rugs have a "wave" pattern which also gives you a clue which direction you are walking on the ship.

My husband and I think differently (about many things) and used two different methods to interpret the rug pattern:

• I remembered that the waves "flow" towards the back of the ship.
  • He looked at where the wave came to a "point" - it pointed to the front of the ship.

Which ever method works for you, it helped us a few times.

Sue

Here's another "secret" that I don't recall reading.

This is a variation on the red/blue rug secret in case you forget which color is means what. This may only work on the Caribbean Princess, but the rugs have a "wave" pattern which also gives you a clue which direction you are walking on the ship.

My husband and I think differently (about many things) and used two different methods to interpret the rug pattern:

• I remembered that the waves "flow" towards the back of the ship.
  • He looked at where the wave came to a "point" - it pointed to the front of the ship.

Which ever method works for you, it helped us a few times.

Sue

Will try to remember to look for this. The "port" wine color helped me tremendously.

Linda

So this isn't exactly a secret, Princess does advertise this, but it's something you may not have heard of yet.

A "Pub Lunch" is served on sea days, usually in one of the Specialty Restaurants and it's free. It's a good way to eat in that restaurant if you don't feel like spending the extra money on a dinner there.

Entrees are typical English pub-fare: Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mash, Cottage Pie, etc. We did this twice and it was delicious. They also feature pub beer like Bass Ale or Guinness with your meal.

Sue

Is this advertised in the Patter? Which restaurant would it be served in?

Thanks!

It's always in the patter. I believe it's usually in the wheelhouse bar

It depends, it's sometimes in the Wheelhouse Bar, sometimes in a specialty restaurant. On our sailing on Caribbean Princess, it was in the Crown Grill.

It depends, it's sometimes in the Wheelhouse Bar, sometimes in a specialty restaurant. On our sailing on Caribbean Princess, it was in the Crown Grill.

Interesting. In my 7 Princess cruises, I haven't run across it in a specialty restaurant. That's great

Just heard this info regarding the Pub Fare at the Wheelhouse. Aside from bangers and mach they have a Ploughmans lunch, cottage pie and bread and butter pudding which sounds really interesting. I will try this lunch on my next cruise. I always like things that are different. enjoy

Just heard this info regarding the Pub Fare at the Wheelhouse. Aside from bangers and mach they have a Ploughmans lunch, cottage pie and bread and butter pudding which sounds really interesting. I will try this lunch on my next cruise. I always like things that are different. enjoy

They also have fish-n-chips. They were great. (Especially with a bass ale on the side.)

Sue

Archived