A few questions re: booking cruise

I'm about to book a cruise and I'm trying to understand RCCL's new price adjustment policy. I just want to confirm with my fellow cruise critic'ers what I think the new policy means. Please let me know if I'm correct and if I'm not, please correct me. All these policy changes is making me confused :( Thank you :)

The cruise I'm looking at is the Explorer of the Seas January 2nd, 2011 14 night cruise.

1) From now until my final payment, I can continue to get as many price drops as I want. The refund would be in the form of a price reduction in the amount I still owe OR OBC. My final payment date would be 75 days before my ship sale date which would be October 19, 2010. I can continue to get price adjustments until October 18, 2010. Correct?

2) If I make a booking during the final payment period and IF I see a price drop within 48 hours, I get 110% refund. However, if there is no price drop within the 48 hours, I get nothing (except if a category above mine is cheaper, I can possibly be moved). For example, final payment period begins October 19, 2010 and I book October 20, 2010. So I have until October 22, 2010 to get the 110% refund. Correct?

3) 110% refund is only available if I find the price drop within 48 hours during the final payment period NOT before the final payment period begins. There is no 110% BEFORE the final payment period. Correct?

-------------------------------------------

One last question sort of related to booking:

I can combine my next cruise booking (+ OBC from the next cruise certificate) with the member savings certificate. Correct?

Is $899 with the NY resident discount a good price for a 14 night inside/cheapest room? Has anyone seen cheaper for an inside/cheapest room?

Thanks everyone! I'm asking because the cost of the 14 night is a lot of money for me since I'm still a student and I'm trying to see when it's most advantageous for me to make my booking. I'm usually a last minute booker and I'm used to the old price adjustment policy so I'm super confused. The 14 night is also near my birthday so this will be a combination of my Christmas and birthday present from my family. I'm hoping to save them and myself some money!

If the 14 night is too expensive, I'll be going on the 12/10/2010 EOS instead. Ideally, I would like the 14 night since I've never been on a 14 night before.

If you are using a NC to book the cruise you have described, then it all depends on when you purchased your NextCruise booking. If you purchased it prior to May 17, 2010 then you would be eligible for all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing. If you purchased after, then it would change to the way you described it.

As far as combining your Savings Certificate with your NC booking.........again, if you purchased it on or after June 1, 2010, then yes you will get the OBC and also be able to apply your C&A Savings Certificate.

If you purchased it after January 1, 2009 but prior to June 1, 2010, then no you will only get your OBC and nothing else.

If you purchased it prior to January 1, 2009 then you would be eligible for any/all benefits.

If you are using a NC to book the cruise you have described, then it all depends on when you purchased your NextCruise booking. If you purchased it prior to May 17, 2010 then you would be eligible for all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing. If you purchased after, then it would change to the way you described it.

As far as combining your Savings Certificate with your NC booking.........again, if you purchased it on or after June 1, 2010, then yes you will get the OBC and also be able to apply your C&A Savings Certificate.

If you purchased it after January 1, 2009 but prior to June 1, 2010, then no you will only get your OBC and nothing else.

If you purchased it prior to January 1, 2009 then you would be eligible for any/all benefits.

That is the way I understood it also. Unfortunately I'm finding it not true. We booked our NC on Sept 19, 2009 and booked our cruise on Feb 24, 2010. 2 cabins, a balcony and a promenade. Saturday I noticed the promenade had dropped and I called RCCL. I talked to a nice man who told me he would take care of it. On Monday eve I received a call back that we were not eligible because we booked after May 17. I told him that was incorrect and he checked again. Then he said that we booked during a Why Not sale and those prices were not eligible for price drops. I don't remember a Why not sale, I went on the website and booked. He never said the prices are for new sailings only. I don't understand the new policy and I applaud anyone who does. For me RCCL now stands for Royal Confused Cruise Lines. I will continue to sail RCCL as I love the ships and people but I may book later to take advantage of lower prices. After all the less I pay per cruise, the more I can spend on the cruise and the more times I can cruise. :)

thanks for your reply and everyone else's here! it's much appreciated!

looks like i just missed the cut off date by a few days =( i booked my next cruise may 19, 2010. looks like i won't be able to combine my NC with the coupon =(.

rccl has a promo right now that is one time only for OBC if you book so i'm thinking i can do that and use the coupon with it since it's on the site. i just don't know if the price will drop and if i should wait. it's $899 for the 14 night right now.

1) From now until my final payment, I can continue to get as many price drops as I want.

I know I'm being picky, but I wish.... :D Yes, as many as are available that you want to request adjustments, as per prior posters conditions.

Erika

I'm about to book a cruise and I'm trying to understand RCCL's new price adjustment policy. I just want to confirm with my fellow cruise critic'ers what I think the new policy means. Please let me know if I'm correct and if I'm not, please correct me. All these policy changes is making me confused :( Thank you :)

The cruise I'm looking at is the Explorer of the Seas January 2nd, 2011 14 night cruise.

1) From now until my final payment, I can continue to get as many price drops as I want. The refund would be in the form of a price reduction in the amount I still owe OR OBC. My final payment date would be 75 days before my ship sale date which would be October 19, 2010. I can continue to get price adjustments until October 18, 2010. Correct?

Incorrect. You can get price reductions that are for existing bookings (many low prices are new bookings only, not just the red flagged "special pricing" or "hot deals" prices) until October 19th. Starting October 20, you are in "final payment."

2) If I make a booking during the final payment period and IF I see a price drop within 48 hours, I get 110% refund. However, if there is no price drop within the 48 hours, I get nothing (except if a category above mine is cheaper, I can possibly be moved). For example, final payment period begins October 19, 2010 and I book October 20, 2010. So I have until October 22, 2010 to get the 110% refund. Correct?

If you see a price reduction AND fill out the online Best Price Guarantee form within 48 hours, you get the 110% obc, not refund. And it is 48 hours from booking creation date so you would have (minute to minute) 48 hours from October 19th (October 21st) to submit the form online.

3) 110% refund is only available if I find the price drop within 48 hours during the final payment period NOT before the final payment period begins. There is no 110% BEFORE the final payment period. Correct?

Correct

-------------------------------------------

One last question sort of related to booking:

I can combine my next cruise booking (+ OBC from the next cruise certificate) with the member savings certificate. Correct?

Depends on when you made the NC booking

Is $899 with the NY resident discount a good price for a 14 night inside/cheapest room? Has anyone seen cheaper for an inside/cheapest room?

It is if you feel it is a good deal. Not bad, really for 14 nights.

Thanks everyone! I'm asking because the cost of the 14 night is a lot of money for me since I'm still a student and I'm trying to see when it's most advantageous for me to make my booking. I'm usually a last minute booker and I'm used to the old price adjustment policy so I'm super confused. The 14 night is also near my birthday so this will be a combination of my Christmas and birthday present from my family. I'm hoping to save them and myself some money!

If the 14 night is too expensive, I'll be going on the 12/10/2010 EOS instead. Ideally, I would like the 14 night since I've never been on a 14 night before.

Archived