covered or uncovered balconies

califmamabear

Ready to book a minisuite on the Ruby and after reading some of these posts I'm questioning which deck I would prefer. The decks where the balconies are covered or uncovered? We are sailing in Feb to Eastern Caribbean. Anybody have experience with too much sun or not enough?

All mini-suites on Dolphin deck are uncovered, and exposed to the balconies above. Depending on the ship's direction, you will get full sun. The minis on Emerald deck are covered and very private. Depending on the direction of the ship and time of day, you'll get some sun.

I'm prone to motion-sickness so DH booked us in a mid-ship mini on the Dolphin deck on the Crown. Loved the mini, and didn't have a moment's thought about the "open" aspect of the balcony (we're now booked on a southern Caribbean cruise on the Emerald in March). I spend most of my time at the rail so would be just as exposed on the Carib deck so no big issue for me on that score. However, if you are sun-sensitive the covered Emerald balcony would give you more options on when you could be sitting outside.

Archived