Owners Suite Alcohol Menu

fightpiter

While we're on the subject.........

We barely drank any of ours. We left the three bottles in the suite. Our Butler was adamant that we could take them home in our carry ons, even though we were flying. I had no room in the carry-ons, and no way was I going to put glass bottles (especially opened) in my checked bags. So it was moot. But I thought he was wrong about the carry on, since the rule is what, 3 oz?

Just wondering how can you get those home if flying?

While we're on the subject.........

We barely drank any of ours. We left the three bottles in the suite. Our Butler was adamant that we could take them home in our carry ons, even though we were flying. I had no room in the carry-ons, and no way was I going to put glass bottles (especially opened) in my checked bags. So it was moot. But I thought he was wrong about the carry on, since the rule is what, 3 oz?

Just wondering how can you get those home if flying?

We've done it twice, with no problems. Just wrap some of your clothing around them and place them in your checked baggage.

On our first cruise, we didn't get around to opening the sparkling wine either, so the last night of our cruise my DW asked our butler if he would deliver it to the newlyweds just down the hall (they had decorated their door)....our butler was more than happy to do that, he had fresh ice in the bucket, and made a wonderful presentation to the new couple.

The newlyweds knocked on our door and thanked us profusely. We still smile about that.

If you think you may want to take one or more of your bottles home, there is a leak-proof wrapping called WineSkins which works really well. It can also be used for regular quart or fifth sized bottles of alcohol. Here is the website, but they are also available from other sites such as Amazon and Magellan:

http://www.wineskin.net/

They can be reused at least once with some good tape. For us, they are worth the peace of mind when we put alcohol in our checked luggage (especially on our way TO a vacation!)

Archived