Name change allowed?

shipty2

We are thinking about bringing a friend for my son with us on our Dream cruise next year. We are already booked with 3(us) in the cabin. If the friend comes we would reconfigure to have 2 in each cabin. The cruise is more than a year away. Since I have to book an adult in each cabin could I put myself in the other one and if the friend isn't coming at final payment time just move my name back to our original cabin and cancel that one?

We are thinking about bringing a friend for my son with us on our Dream cruise next year. We are already booked with 3(us) in the cabin. If the friend comes we would reconfigure to have 2 in each cabin. The cruise is more than a year away. Since I have to book an adult in each cabin could I put myself in the other one and if the friend isn't coming at final payment time just move my name back to our original cabin and cancel that one?

Maybe. Oftentimes, especially on DCL, once they approach the maximum number of "souls on board", they won't allow anymore bookings for more than 2 in a cabin. So, if you have 2 cabins for 2, I wouldn't count on being able to put a 3rd in one of those cabins when it gets close to sail date, even if the cabin can theoretically sleep 4.

Cancelling one cabin before final payment is not an issue.

Actually what I was going to do was book myself or DH in the other cabin and the other adult with the two teens in our original cabin. Then if the friend decided not to go there would still be three in our cabin but I'd have to cancel the friends name and put mine there. Do you think that would be a problem. I know on other cruise lines it is not problem but I don't know about Disney.

Archived