Princess: cruisers sanctioned for frivilous lawsuit

jleq

As an ER nurse I too worked in the medical centre that day, I looked after the most seriously injured people, none were lifethreatening. The only person to be offered a hellift to a truama centre was a young girl with a controlled arterial bleed, the parents refused and were screaming about suing from the get go. As the ship righted itself people were screaming on the cell phones to get their lawyers, there were alot of passengers down by the medical centre taking photos of the injured for CNN. I have never been more disgusted with my fellow humans. The crew and medical staff were absolutely amazing, I worked there for 5 hours until everyone who needed to be was medivacced off the ship And yes we were very well compensated on that cruise and later.

Funnily enough I had a call about a year ago from a lawyer, (they said) who was asking about the tilt. They said they were working for Princess but they sounded very unprofessional. All they got from me was Princess cheerleading! I thought the whole incident (truamatic and scary as it was) was handled very well

Terry

Great that you were there to help out!

Here's the saddest; they make fast money on some of their suits which encourages them to look for more!

Yep! I have known two different individuals like that ... :(

I was rear-ended at 35 mph. The car was a mess (along with the other 4 cars in the accident), but amazingly, I was fine--- I had a slightly bruised knee. One of these lawsuit-happy people pestered me ceaselessly about suing the driver that hit me. Sent me their lawyers' info, etc...

All I can say is Karma is witch!

Yep! I have known two different individuals like that ... :(

I'm ashamed to say I have a relative who does this and then brags to us about the money she's made!

I want to throttle her when starts in......I just walk away! I really don't want to hear what she's purchased lately with "my" insurance dollar!!!!!

I'm ashamed to say I have a relative who does this and then brags to us about the money she's made!

I want to throttle her when starts in......I just walk away! I really don't want to hear what she's purchased lately with "my" insurance dollar!!!!!

I feel the same way. I often wonder if these are people who value money over integrety.

There are reasons for lawsuits. Some are most definately valid. I would not go looking for "easy money" though.:(

As a lawyer I must tell you I see this problem somewhat differently. First most seriously injured people are never fully compensated. secondly minor injuries are blown out of proportion by a group of medical providers who are guns for hire(yes he has a bad knee and will never walk again- but he can still run a marathon-26.3 miles)...

I believe in tort reform(collateral source rule-no double recoveries), limits on non compensatory damages(pain and suffering, loss of consortium etc), joint tort feasors rules(if someone is less than 50% negligent you should not have to pay the entire award and then try to collect it back), no punitive damages or where punitive damages are awarded that they go to the government as a fine(I would let them get part of the award as finders fee).

I am generally against loser pays attorney fees rules except in egregious cases like this one primarily because loser pays will increase the payouts by 1/3. Most lawyers pick their cases carefully and collect 90% of the time on cases they select(this includes settlements and cases tried)....

Archived