Ae on crown princess

robgvic

The minis that don't have a tub (shower only) are normally marked on the Deck Plans. The Crown's AE mini suites are not marked as shower only as the grand class ships are for the AE mini suite.

Look up the Star Princess, category AE on Dolphin deck, all the way aft, it tells it has a shower only by the star mark on the cabin (check the key at the bottom). This is because the AE's on the Star were orignally supposed to be accessible staterooms and they have a totally different layout. They had to change them as they forgot to make the entrance door large enough for a wheelchair to get through, so they could not be listed as accessible staterooms.

I don't know first hand, but I would say the AE on the Crown DOES have a tub/shower combination.

No idea if it was booked as a guarantee or assigned. The question asked was IF it had a tub. ;) ;)

Someone can correct me if I am wrong as I haven't sailed every Princess ship. Looking through all the deck plans, if the AE is forward, it has a tub (as ours did on the Ruby), if it is aft, shower only.

John

Someone can correct me if I am wrong as I haven't sailed every Princess ship. Looking through all the deck plans, if the AE is forward, it has a tub (as ours did on the Ruby), if it is aft, shower only.

John

Thanks John, that is exactly what I thought. ;)

Normally, when these are booked as guarantees, you will end up in a higher category mini suite. Mainly as there are only two of them on the ship and they are usually the least expensive mini suite, so many book them as a guarantee. Keep in mind that someone does end up in them and booking a guarantee never means you will always be upgraded, but with these mini suites, the chances are a lot higher.

BUT, if you end up in one of these, they are a full mini suite with full sized tub/shower combination, just as the rest of the mini suites are. Good Luck!

Thanks Toto. I know there is never a guarantee of an upgrade but I have been lucky. Last year went frojm Mini to a full suite. I can always book a better cabin and pay for it if I dont get what I like but I am really not that fussy

Thanks Toto. I know there is never a guarantee of an upgrade but I have been lucky. Last year went frojm Mini to a full suite. I can always book a better cabin and pay for it if I dont get what I like but I am really not that fussy

Going from a mini to a full suite is a great upgrade, but going from an AE mini guarantee to a full suite..................not sure I would be too optomistic on that happening. There's always a chance, but a very slim one. But as said, good luck and I hope you get a good cabin assignment. ;)

Yes it is a guarantee. My Princess rep said it did not have a tub but I couldn't believe it. She said to book that as it will most likely given a higher category.

Thanks, all.

Like I said since its a GTY then you probably don't have to worry about the tub issue.

Archived