Your massage experiences on NCL/Dawn please

tiff123

My first cruise on Carnival Valor, my husband and I had the couples massage and the whole time the massage therapist was "diagnosing" me with all sorts of problems. Which led to a final sales pitch of about $600 worth of cremes and tonics of which we absolutely had to have to cure all of these things which she had diagnosed me with (I had never signed up for any consultation).

Same sort of thing happened with my facial.

So lets just say they weren't relaxing and enjoyable!

My pedicure started to look good. I was seated facing a large window overlooking the ocean. I thought for sure it was going to be great. The first thing she did was shut the blinds overlooking the ocean...:( Since the sun was shining in slightly I felt bad for her so I could not ask her to raise it up. Fortunately she did not try to sell me hundreds of dollars worth of products.

Please tell me its different on NCL Dawn. Can we get a decent massage? Or at least a pedicure while I stare out at the ocean? I'll book it in the am when the sun is just right... lol! If not I'd rather just not waste the money and save it for a real massage when we get home.

Thanks for your input.

My s-i-l and I both went for hot stone massages and then she and my brother went for a couples massage and they were both no sales pressure, we did get some from the accupuncturist (sp) while we were signing out, but we just told her we were late for breakfast and had to go.

I had the best massage of my life on the Dawn, I highly recommend the hot stone massage...wowza! I've never felt better.

I always tell them up front that although I understand they are only doing thier job by trying to upsell me, I am not interested in buying any products. I tell them in the sweetest manner possible so they are not offended. Never had a problem using this approach.

Between the cost and potentional for upselling, we avoid it on a cruise. Too bad, as this would be a good time for one.

By the way, some resorts/beaches in the warmer areas ashore sometimes have great deals.

Whenever a technician starts a sales pitch I kindly interrupt them and tell them I am true to my brand of skin care products and have invested hundreds in product at home and only brought enough as I needed for the cruise. This is not a lie. I use Clarins, which I love. I explain that I do not plan to buy anything else, as I am very happy with my routine. I have never had a problem with this scenario.

Last year on the Dawn I was lucky enough to be given a free footnotes massage gift from a wonderful woman from the M&G who won it in the raffle drawing on day one of cruise @ the spa. I thought it was relaxing & just wonderful. :0)

I love a massage or pedicure on the Star. When they start their sales pitch I just smile and don't say anything. When they finish I say "No, thank you." I have never had them continue their pitch after that. The spa is one of my favorite parts of a cruise.

Archived