Help!

CJ0226

Our cruise is leaving next Sunday, and we have no idea what to do in Roatan!!

Basically we are looking at affordable options, we are 30 years old enjoy a variety of things we are not looking to dive, but are interested in snorkeling. Besides snorkeling and diving, what are some other popular options while in Roatan that are affordable? When I say affordable, around $100 for both of us

Basically we are looking at affordable options, we are 30 years old enjoy a variety of things we are not looking to dive, but are interested in snorkeling. Besides snorkeling and diving, what are some other popular options while in Roatan that are affordable? When I say affordable, around $100 for both of us

You'll be docking in Mahogany Bay. That's the "cheapest" option out sid eof booking a private vendor, which may be too late, or signing up for a ship's excursion to Tabayana Beach or Maya Cay (both of which have good snorkeling) but not sure of the ship excursion cost. Directly across from the Mahogany Bay pier area is Clip N Zip zip line. http://www.clipnziproatan.com/en/about-clip-n-zip.html A great thing to do I beleive the cost is around $45 pp. No need to pre reserve, though you may have to wait in line a bit. At the beach there, you can grab a lounger (free) or rent a covered lounger, snorkeling gear(snorkeling isn' that great there though), kayaks, etc. Plus food and drink are available. The pier area also has shopping.

If you'd rather get away from the ship crowds, you might still be able to book a snorkeling tour with Upachaya http://www.upachaya.com/snorkeltour/ at $60 pp.

I would suggest doing a private tour with victor Bodden. You can have your driver show you the island and then do the snorkeling tour they offer. Roatan is a beautiful island both on land in the water so doing both gives you the best of both worlds. You can tell your tour guide to go or do anything you want. We did an island tour and then a discovery dive at west bay beach - the day was fantastic. To stay by the pier or just go to a beach, you would miss the beauty of the island. We also stopped at the cameo factory on the way back.

I would suggest using Rony's Tours. You get a driver for the day, take you on a tour the island and to the west end, or you can tailor it to your tastes. DW and I did this and loved it. We paid $40 per person and we snorkled at Half Moon Bay.

Staying at Mahogany Bay would be cheap, but it's a man-made beach and you don't get a feel of what Roatan is really like.

You could book Tabayana (not sure of my spelling) Bay on the ship. This is a beautiful beach and has nice snorkeling. I think it is around $40 PP. You receive free tea and lemonade upon arrival and the beer is very cheap, if you prefer. We really enjoyed our day there. ;)

Archived