2008-2009 Celebrity X Scooter?

scanner219

I'm looking at renting a 2008-2009 Celebrity X scooter for an upcoming trip. I will need to transport it in a car. My question is: How easy is it to disassemble & put back together again? I never have done this before. The instructions look complicated.

I'm looking at renting a 2008-2009 Celebrity X scooter for an upcoming trip. I will need to transport it in a car. My question is: How easy is it to disassemble & put back together again? I never have done this before. The instructions look complicated.

Though the Celebrity X Scooter breaks down into muliple pieces the total weight with batteries is approximately 200 pounds. The seat alone weighs 35 lbs.

Suggest you go to the place that you plan to rent it from and have them actually demonstate the assembly/disassembly and loading it in your truck before making your final decision.

BTW - I have a Pride Go Go Elite Traveler. Overall weight with batteries is approximately 93 lbs. It's extremely easy to disassemble and assemble. The heaviest piece is about 26lbs. Do it by myeslf all the time. You might want to look into renting a Pride Go Go instead.

I've been looking at scooters at the local medical supply store and was given some good advice. It was: "remember, you'll need to be able to squat down to assemble/disassemble the scooter. Suggest you keep a stool in the vehicle to sit on if you can't squat." Personally, I cannot squat so my sweetie will need to do the break down/set up. She said lifting 35# of battery (on the Go Go Elite Traveler Plus) felt heavier because it was "dead weight" from the ground rather than lifting something from a counter.

So... I agree, see it assembled/broken down and try it yourself to be sure you can take it apart and put it back together. Sweetie thought the Go Go Elite Traveler Plus was easy enough - just a little surprised that the battery was so heavy since she has no problem lifting a 45# suit case.

Good luck.

TO XXOOCRUISER - can I ask how tall you are that you have the Go Go Elite Traveler instead of the Plus? I'm 5'11" and am wondering if the Traveler will work or if I need to spend the extra $200 for the "plus" model. Thanks for your insight.

I've been looking at scooters at the local medical supply store and was given some good advice. It was: "remember, you'll need to be able to squat down to assemble/disassemble the scooter. Suggest you keep a stool in the vehicle to sit on if you can't squat." Personally, I cannot squat so my sweetie will need to do the break down/set up. She said lifting 35# of battery (on the Go Go Elite Traveler Plus) felt heavier because it was "dead weight" from the ground rather than lifting something from a counter.

So... I agree, see it assembled/broken down and try it yourself to be sure you can take it apart and put it back together. Sweetie thought the Go Go Elite Traveler Plus was easy enough - just a little surprised that the battery was so heavy since she has no problem lifting a 45# suit case.

Good luck.

TO XXOOCRUISER - can I ask how tall you are that you have the Go Go Elite Traveler instead of the Plus? I'm 5'11" and am wondering if the Traveler will work or if I need to spend the extra $200 for the "plus" model. Thanks for your insight.

TO: SCANNER219

Nomadguy made a good point about have to sit. I have an SUV so I just sit on the back instead of carrying a stool. A car trunk is generally too low to sit on nor does it give you a flat base to sit like a SUV.

To: NOMADGUY

Seat to platform distance is the same for both the Elite Traveler and the Elite Traveler Plus. Both have 4 manual seat height adjustments on the post. There's a metal pin with a ring that pulls out on the seat post to make the adjustment. For what it's worth I'm 5'8" and generally have it on the 3 third adjustment.

The main differences are :

Elite Traveler comes standard with a 12AH battery* (18AH* is upgrade option) weight load capacity is 275 lbs and total weight with battery is

96lbs. Does not have a delta tiller

Elite Traveler Plus comes standard with a 18AH* battery weight load capacity is 300 lbs and total weight of scooter with battery is 113 lbs. Does have a Delta Tiller.

*12AH mileage up to 10 miles , 18AH mileage up to 12 miles.

mileage can vary depending on speed and weight load.

Here's the link to all the Pride Go Go . Click on the model than go to the left and click on specifications to see all information. http://www.pridemobility.com/gogo/models.asp

thanks xxoocruiser. I'm more wondering about the leg room on the platform; I sat in a "plus" and barely had enough room for my feet and I think the regular is 3" shorter. And it looks like the seat on the regular might be 1" shorter between seat and platform which might cause my knees to be too high. IDK.

sorry OP, don't mean to hijack your thread! I just couldn't figure out how to send a private message to xxoocruiser.

thanks xxoocruiser. I'm more wondering about the leg room on the platform; I sat in a "plus" and barely had enough room for my feet and I think the regular is 3" shorter. And it looks like the seat on the regular might be 1" shorter between seat and platform which might cause my knees to be too high. IDK.

sorry OP, don't mean to hijack your thread! I just couldn't figure out how to send a private message to xxoocruiser.

Leg room is generally an issue with any travel size scooter. You haven't said if you're considering a 3 wheel or 4 wheeler version . The 3 wheel has a tighte turning radius than the 4 wheel and is lighter. But the 4 wheel for both the elile and elite plus offer more leg room because you can rest you legs over the covering on the front wheels for more leg room. Not certain but even think the 4 wheel has portective skid pads on the front wheel cover for this purpose.

The elite is 3 inches shorter but it may not be in platform leg room. The desgin of the rear section of the plus is larger than the elite and that may account for some of the length difference. The 3 inches may not be in actual leg room is what I'm trying to tell you. You really need to measure both from the front edge of the seat to the front edge of the platform to determine the true leg space area. The specifications on Pride's website does not give you that measurement.

OP - sorry but just trying to help Nomad guy.

thanks again xxoocruiser. That's good to know - I had no idea. Appreciate the help. Looking at the 3 wheel as my knees were about hitting my chin when I put them up on the wheel covers of the 4 wheel. ;-)

To OP, the rented TravelScoot arrived today. It's only supposed to be 35 # total but BOY IS IT HEAVY! And, there are 28 - yep 28 - steps to the assembly. Gotta go practice now.

thanks again xxoocruiser. That's good to know - I had no idea. Appreciate the help. Looking at the 3 wheel as my knees were about hitting my chin when I put them up on the wheel covers of the 4 wheel. ;-) Was the seat adjusted to the highest postion before you tried out the scooter as that would certainly make a difference ?

To OP, the rented TravelScoot arrived today. It's only supposed to be 35 # total but BOY IS IT HEAVY! And, there are 28 - yep 28 - steps to the assembly. Gotta go practice now.

Be interesting to hear how the TravelScoot works for you. From the video on the manufacturers website it doesn't appear that the seat height can be adjusted. Also hope you know it doesn't have a reverse gear . You either have to have enough room to completely turn it around or use your feet to push in reverse.

The seat height is adjustable on the Travelscoot. I am 6 ft 2 inches tall and cannot easily rise from a low seat. There are some sort of ring things (I am not mechanical) that go on the seat post that allow the seat to be higher. I do well with the additional seat height. I have no problem with the lack of a reverse but I think it could be a reason not to use this scooter for many people. The other possible disadvantage for some is that there is not a flat foot bed. You have to use the foot rests. My scooter weighs 35 lbs with one lithium battery and about 40 if I put both of them on. I think it is about 30 with no batteries. I take the batteries off the scoot for charging just because it seems easier to me. I leave it assembled with the tiller in the low position for transport in my highlander. For airline travel we do take it down and put it in a hard sided golf bag. We transport the batteries as a carry on.

Good luck.

Sorry to barge in, but I thought this might help:

I have the Go Go Elite Traveler PLUS, and I'm only 5'2". The main difference is the length of the floorboard, from front to back. I think the regular Elite Traveler has a 37" floorboard, and the Plus has a 40" floorboard. My knees don't bend much, so I needed the longer floorboard, and was very happy to have found one in a traveler scooter. My feet were over the front on all the others. I have seen people six feet tall on a regular Elite Traveler.........as long as they can bend their knees 90 degrees.

Scanner219 - did you go with the Celebrity X model or are you considering something else at this point? Apologies for hijacking your thread. The replies I've received are VERY HELPFUL and I thank all for their insight. I can't believe how great I feel just renting this TravelScoot for a week. It's out of my budget price wise so a rental is probably my only opportunity to try one. Yep the seat is adjustable and I didn't feel like my knees were too high. No problem with putting my feet on the pegs instead of a floor. (Not sure I'd want to do that for more than an hour at a clip, though.) You do have to be coordinated to get on/off it as you step over the triangle frame. (I just take it slow and make sure I grab the hand brakes. I haven't had any problem with turning it around. It has a very tight turning radius (but it does buck if I turn it too tightly). And, I have used my feet to back up (like the Flintstones). I was a little surprised that backing up there is resistance so it's not as fluid as I thought it would be. I must say, it certainly has a lot of ZIP!

XXOOCruiser - yes I asked the sales rep if the seat could be adjusted any higher on the Elite Plus and he said that was as high as it would go. Legs were good for running cross country - not so good for fitting on a scooter!

Pretty sure I'm going to buy a Go Go Elite Traveler (or PLUS). Read a lot of data and seems the Pride Go Go is pretty reliable. In the meantime, I'm having fun with the TravelScoot. If I win the lottery, I might buy both! :cool: Thanks again to everyone.

Scanner219 - did you go with the Celebrity X model or are you considering something else at this point? Apologies for hijacking your thread. The replies I've received are VERY HELPFUL and I thank all for their insight. I can't believe how great I feel just renting this TravelScoot for a week. It's out of my budget price wise so a rental is probably my only opportunity to try one. Yep the seat is adjustable and I didn't feel like my knees were too high. No problem with putting my feet on the pegs instead of a floor. (Not sure I'd want to do that for more than an hour at a clip, though.) You do have to be coordinated to get on/off it as you step over the triangle frame. (I just take it slow and make sure I grab the hand brakes. I haven't had any problem with turning it around. It has a very tight turning radius (but it does buck if I turn it too tightly). And, I have used my feet to back up (like the Flintstones). I was a little surprised that backing up there is resistance so it's not as fluid as I thought it would be. I must say, it certainly has a lot of ZIP!

XXOOCruiser - yes I asked the sales rep if the seat could be adjusted any higher on the Elite Plus and he said that was as high as it would go. Legs were good for running cross country - not so good for fitting on a scooter!

Pretty sure I'm going to buy a Go Go Elite Traveler (or PLUS). Read a lot of data and seems the Pride Go Go is pretty reliable. In the meantime, I'm having fun with the TravelScoot. If I win the lottery, I might buy both! :cool: Thanks again to everyone.

You may want to look at a Golden Companion II. Goes in and out of a small Nissan trunk in 3 easy pieces and total weight of it is 82 lbs. Travel is 26 miles on one charge and three wheel option is sturdy and foot platform is wonderful -- not elevated like some. Vicki:)

Archived