First time to cozumel

CJ0226

Leaving next Sunday, and this is our first cruise and first time to Cozumel. We were not planning to book any excursions in advance. With that said, is there enough to see and do to make it enjoyable if opting to do things on our own, or on a whim?

We are on a budget with port activities, and we have formal plans in the other ports, but Cozumel was a toss up with what do do

Any input on what we should do, or avoid? Thanks a lot

I always try to take into account how many other ships will be in port with us that day...... which also equates into how many other "people" will be in port with us that day.

We are headed to Cozumel again in March..... including our ship, there will be six big ones on our day.......that equals 18,200+ people getting off and wanting to have fun.

When there are that many people I always try to book an excursion (usually a private one) or at least have a plan of what to do...... have found that if you try to do things on a "whim" you end up wasting valuable time with transportation, logistics etc......

I am not saying you shouldnt do your day on your own.....just try to have a plan and know basically where and how.......

Leaving next Sunday, and this is our first cruise and first time to Cozumel. We were not planning to book any excursions in advance. With that said, is there enough to see and do to make it enjoyable if opting to do things on our own, or on a whim?

We are on a budget with port activities, and we have formal plans in the other ports, but Cozumel was a toss up with what do do

Any input on what we should do, or avoid? Thanks a lot

will be going on second trip/cruise in October and trying to do the same on a budget. I went 4 years ago and wont do several things we did as a family while there. First I WONT just go to the places Carnival will stear you to for purchases that is if you attend the ship orientation and get caught up with places to shop and not shop. Taxi downtown is cheaper and very safe and a low cab fee. Went to Senor Frogs and been there dont want to go thru that again unless you like party party party!! and a pricey check. We took a taxi after all this to Paradise Beach (30.00 RT) and cab waited for about an hour which is what we had left in order to return to ship by 4pm. But this time I am either going to beach hop on foot to the free beach close to downtown and then hit the downtown to shop and maybe do the snorkel excursion from Carnival.. I'm trying to stay away from the all inclusive set up for food and drinks because thats what I paid for daily on Carnival. Anyway here are some links that I use to help me with learning more about things to do as well as finding out how many other ships are in port same day. Also reading these forums daily helps and post questions when you think of them.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/

http://www.cruisett.com/

http://www.seauonboard.com

http://www.cozumelinsider.com

Hope this helps...

• 3 weeks later...

We cruised to Cozumel 2 weeks ago, it was our 5th time in Cozumel & we LOVE IT!!! The port area is very cute with lots of shops, restuarants & bars. Very safe & lots of taxi's if you want to venture out on your own. We didn't book an excursion from the ship this time, we got a taxi & went to Chankanaab Park. They have a nice beachy area, snorkeling & dolphins. You should find plenty to do on your own in Cozumel. Have a great time!!! :)

We cruised to Cozumel 2 weeks ago, it was our 5th time in Cozumel & we LOVE IT!!! The port area is very cute with lots of shops, restuarants & bars. Very safe & lots of taxi's if you want to venture out on your own. We didn't book an excursion from the ship this time, we got a taxi & went to Chankanaab Park. They have a nice beachy area, snorkeling & dolphins. You should find plenty to do on your own in Cozumel. Have a great time!!! :)

For anyone,,,,How much is the taxi to the park and how far is it? I assume you can rent snorkel gear there.

Archived