Wheelchair service

Ehpride

I'm cruising with my mom and grandma in January. Grandma can walk on her own but is concerned about walking from one gate to the other inbetween flights. We'll likely have layovers in Minneapolis or Detroit. So my question is, when we buy our flights, how do we set up wheelchair/cart service so she doesn't have to walk possibly to the other end of the airport?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

We traveled with my MIL who needs a wh/ch and when we made the ressies informed the airline, at curbside checkin the skycap got us a wh/ch and an airport employee pushed the wh/ch with my MIL in it to the gate and stayed with her. This went smoothly on both flights both departing and arriving. My MIL gave a small tip ( $5) each time. One thing I would reccommend is to get seats close to the cabin door to limit the actual distance walked once inside the plane. Fellow passengers were also very nice. MY MIL had to use the BR on the plane, when we started walking it seemed like there was no line for the BR however once we got there a line had formed. No problem as a passenger seated next to the BR offered her seat for my MIL to sit in and wait.

Archived