Recorded Message Cruise this weekend

hftmrock

I wonder who else got the message from NCL that the cruise is leaving ontime and there might be an itinerary change due to the storm. If there is an itinerary change, they will let us know on the boat

I am cruising on the Dawn on Sunday to 'possibly' Bermuda

Who else not going on the Dawn got that message or was that message only for the Dawn this weekend?

I got the phone message also. Where would they go? North? I have no desire to go to Nova Scotia - I booked a cruise to somewhere warm and tropical. Do you think they would go to the Bahamas? Your thoughts?

They nornally send you to Canada BUT in this case the storm will be heading that way which is why I think they didn't tell you the itinerary change as they don't quite know themselves. With the Dawn having problems (unless I didn't read they were fixed) they won't go to the bahamas they can't do that on a 7 days with a bum engine.

there is conflicting reports about the engine.

It is either fixed, never was a problem or ncl is lying to some people

about 7 years ago(it might have been 8) we were on the Norwegian sea just at this time of year and supposed to go to Bermuda....we wound up in Canada and had a great time. It was my first NCL cruise and I have been back for more than 10 since then. Others hated it. But mostly it was based on people's attitudes(IMO). I was disappointed but they picked nice ports and it was in fact fun(and easier on the ship too). I guarantee you you are not going to the Bahamas since that requires a full speed run of 36 hours.

Shore side is speaking from a script. They aren't lying just not up to speed....

Several years ago we were on a September Majesty cruise, and there was a hurricane headed for BDA (can't remember the name now). We knew it was coming; packed an extra suitcase with cool weather clothes "just in case" and figured if we ended up going south we'd just put the suitcase in the closet and not worry about it. Well, we did end up going south; we were between BDA and the storm. Captain announced we were headed bo BDA, so we turned northeast and ended up there a day later and you'd have never known a hurricane hit there unless you walked the back alleys (which we did)! Seas were VERY rough -- couldn't walk around so we just sat on the pool deck (it was beautifully sunny and warm) drank and ate! We had a BLAST!!!

The Bermuda Weather Website is listing Danielle to be a threat on Saturday, with weather improvement on Sunday. If that is the case, the Dawn will probably still go to Bermuda and maybe change their course to try to miss some of the rough seas!

There is also a good chance they will go south and come up behind the storm. They just did that a few weeks ago with TS Colin and Bermuda. Had an extra sea day going to the Bahamas and then left a little later (6am) then normal to get back to Boston.

I've been watching the storms also since DS is on-board the Spirit.

Earl is the concern for a Dawn arrival in Bermuda next Wednesday. Here in Florida, our forecasters have Earl a cat 3 quite near Bermuda at the same time the Dawn is due to arrive. I am betting the Dawn does Canada next week.

Al

The Bermuda Weather Website is listing Danielle to be a threat on Saturday, with weather improvement on Sunday. If that is the case, the Dawn will probably still go to Bermuda and maybe change their course to try to miss some of the rough seas!

I like the prospect of this...Thank you!!!

Earl is the concern for a Dawn arrival in Bermuda next Wednesday. Here in Florida, our forecasters have Earl a cat 3 quite near Bermuda at the same time the Dawn is due to arrive. I am betting the Dawn does Canada next week.

Al

This I don't like :-( I'm more of an optimist, less of a realist, sorry. Still hoping we can get to Bermuda and back with no problems.

They nornally send you to Canada BUT in this case the storm will be heading that way which is why I think they didn't tell you the itinerary change as they don't quite know themselves. With the Dawn having problems (unless I didn't read they were fixed) they won't go to the bahamas they can't do that on a 7 days with a bum engine.

I read on these posts that the engine was FIXED!! Who knows the whole true story? Not me, no one except the Engineer crew of the Dawn! I'm sure they did or will do on Sunday in NY whatever to make sure the ship is SAFE!!! They are not going to jeopardize the lives of over 3,000+ people!

I read on these posts that the engine was FIXED!! Who knows the whole true story? Not me, no one except the Engineer crew of the Dawn! I'm sure they did or will do on Sunday in NY whatever to make sure the ship is SAFE!!! They are not going to jeopardize the lives of over 3,000+ people!

You are right on several counts. 1) No one except the captain and the actual repair crew probably have the full story about the engines. This seems to be true on any cruise line. 2) The cruise line will not jeopardize the ship, crew, or passengers. Although the pessimist in me says they are more worried about their very expensive ship than all the lives on board. ;) Just teasing.

If we have to go to Canada instead of Bermuda will the port charges and taxes be different? Something to wonder about.

slightly less. If memory serves we were refunded about $70.00...and fuel used will be a lot less(its in the NCF charge)...

I wonder who else got the message from NCL that the cruise is leaving ontime and there might be an itinerary change due to the storm. If there is an itinerary change, they will let us know on the boat

I am cruising on the Dawn on Sunday to 'possibly' Bermuda

Who else not going on the Dawn got that message or was that message only for the Dawn this weekend?

This is the alert that showed up in my NCL box -- I bet you got the same one.

btn_weather_alert.png

Close

Weather Alert

Tropical Storm Update (9:00 am EST - 08/28/2010)

Updated August 28 at 9 am ET

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company is closely monitoring the paths of both Hurricane Danielle and Tropical Storm Earl. Because of the storms, we are modifying the following itineraries:

Norwegian Spirit’s arrival time into Bermuda, currently scheduled for 11 am on Sunday, August 29, will be dependent on the speed and the path of the storm, and will most likely be delayed until Monday morning, August 30.

Norwegian Epic will depart Miami today as scheduled. The ship will call into Cozumel, Mexico and Roatan, Honduras in place of Phillipsburg, St. Maarten and St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. The ship’s call into Nassau on Friday has been extended.

Norwegian Dawn will depart New York as scheduled on Sunday, August 29. We are continuing to monitor the storm and there is a possibility of an itinerary change depending on the storm’s path.

Guests on board the vessels will be kept up to date by the ship’s Captain. It is also important to note that we will continue to closely monitor the storm and if the path changes, we may need to modify these itineraries.

We appreciate our guests understanding. As soon as there is further information, we will update NCL.com and notify our guests.

This is the alert that showed up in my NCL box -- I bet you got the same one.

btn_weather_alert.png

Close

Weather Alert

Tropical Storm Update (9:00 am EST - 08/28/2010)

Updated August 28 at 9 am ET

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company is closely monitoring the paths of both Hurricane Danielle and Tropical Storm Earl. Because of the storms, we are modifying the following itineraries:

Norwegian Spirit’s arrival time into Bermuda, currently scheduled for 11 am on Sunday, August 29, will be dependent on the speed and the path of the storm, and will most likely be delayed until Monday morning, August 30.

Norwegian Epic will depart Miami today as scheduled. The ship will call into Cozumel, Mexico and Roatan, Honduras in place of Phillipsburg, St. Maarten and St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. The ship’s call into Nassau on Friday has been extended.

Norwegian Dawn will depart New York as scheduled on Sunday, August 29. We are continuing to monitor the storm and there is a possibility of an itinerary change depending on the storm’s path.

Guests on board the vessels will be kept up to date by the ship’s Captain. It is also important to note that we will continue to closely monitor the storm and if the path changes, we may need to modify these itineraries.

We appreciate our guests understanding. As soon as there is further information, we will update NCL.com and notify our guests.

Hi, we got in on our phones and also an email...8/29...Hope we make it to Bermuda!!

Just off the Dawn this am. They told us on Tues 8/24 that we were having engine trouble. They said they were flying a crew in from Miami to fix the engime. We left Bermuda Friday at 6atm instead of 5pm. We cruised back at 14 knots the entire way. On Friday night and Satruday they kept saying it was a good thing we left when we did as the hurricane was over Bemuda at that time(hmmmm....)

Not sure what the real story is.... but good luck to those travelling today.;)

Archived